So, my hockey team accepted an invitation to join the Russian league

Started by Pat, November 19, 2009, 12:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: miglia on November 20, 2009, 10:24:15 AM
Quote from: Ape on November 20, 2009, 07:54:51 AM
Miglia, you're an idiot, you got so many missconceptions about the Swedish hockey system that I can't possibly rebutt, I will try though

1) AIK IF's economic situation, You only have yourself to blaim. When that Finnish guy took over the club AIK IF where playing in the Elite leauge. Now it's in the second, and was even relegated to the third division for it's economic difficulties.

2) There is nothing in the Swedish hockey system that in any way makes it harder for teams in the bigger cities to compete.

3) Promotions and relegations happens very often, your own fault for not playing well enough. On average one team from the Elite leauge get relegated and one manage to stay each year. Last year was an exception.

Stop whining and get your shit togehter.

As for AIK IF joining KHL :yawn:  sayonara, bon voyage have fun restarting in division four in a few years when KHL has tanked.

I gave several reasons for my opinion, and you haven't addressed any of them. Who's the fucking idiot?

edit: Clarification: You are. That will be all, thanks.

:lol:

A post I can get behind without reservation. Excellent.  :cool:

Edit: Despite my rabid hatred of AIK, which is only slightly less than my rabid hatred for Canadians.

saskganesh

Quote from: Tyr on November 20, 2009, 10:29:31 AM
Ok...I'm really not understanding American sports leagues here then. I always thought (ffrom playing NBA and NFL games on the mega drive) you had regional divisions then towards the  end of the season the best teams from both went into playoffs.

Quote from: saskganesh on November 19, 2009, 05:29:55 PM

obviously, they are different enough so as not to "cancel each other out."

the same goes for bandy and hockey.
They do though. Rugby is nothing in the US and nor is American football in Europe. Any American kid who is good at rugby will adapt his skills to yankball.
nothing is as big as the NFL. nothing. while admittedly it is small, rugby does exist and it does have its subculture of hardcores. an active enough college scene helps it, as well as immigration.

if you ever drank in an Irish pub in America (and there are millions of them) you will meet a rugby player.
humans were created in their own image

Jacob

Quote from: Slargos on November 20, 2009, 12:47:51 PMEdit: Despite my rabid hatred of AIK, which is only slightly less than my rabid hatred for Canadians.

Do you have any kind of hatred that is not rabid?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on November 20, 2009, 06:30:10 PM
Quote from: Slargos on November 20, 2009, 12:47:51 PMEdit: Despite my rabid hatred of AIK, which is only slightly less than my rabid hatred for Canadians.

Do you have any kind of hatred that is not rabid?

A poignant question.

My hatred for Ape I guess would qualify. I wouldn't go out of my way to run him over at a crosswalk, but I wouldn't brake either.