So, my hockey team accepted an invitation to join the Russian league

Started by Pat, November 19, 2009, 12:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Pat

If anything, it is too hard to be relegated from the top division (and to hard to advance to the top division). The bottom teams of the first division face the best teams of the second division in a qualification league. But the teams in the first division receive tons of TV-money and the teams in the second divison receive almost none, so there's a huge gap. Direct regulation and direct qualification would make things a lot better.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Ouch, a whole of Russia league?
I thought huge countries used common sense and had regional divisions.
If they want to be a all Europe league....Ouch, having to fly around the world every week....

I've never got ice hockey being so big in Sweden tbh. You already have bandy. I'd have thought the two would be similar enough they'd cancel out (Like American football and rugby)
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on November 19, 2009, 05:06:33 PM

Well we don't...what other huge countries are there?  Do China or Brazil have regional leagues?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2009, 05:22:21 PM

Well we don't...what other huge countries are there?  Do China or Brazil have regional leagues?
The US does I know.
██████
██████
██████

saskganesh

(Like American football and rugby)

obviously, they are different enough so as not to "cancel each other out."

the same goes for bandy and hockey.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on November 19, 2009, 05:25:58 PM
The US does I know.

Well we divide them into divisions but that is just to foster regional rivalries (Pittsburgh is more likely to hate Cleveland than San Diego).  The leagues are nationwide and in most of them they play every team at least once.

saskganesh

Quote from: Tyr on November 19, 2009, 05:25:58 PM

The US does I know.

the AFC and the NFC are not regional.  :P
humans were created in their own image

clandestino

Football in Brazil is played at two different levels: State ones, where you get a league each year and the Nationals after those, although the results of the first do not interfer, but the previous year results.

Winning a State championship like the Paulista or the Rio de Janeiro one seems to had as much, if not more, to the club reputation than the National tittle.

Ape

Miglia, you're an idiot, you got so many missconceptions about the Swedish hockey system that I can't possibly rebutt, I will try though

1) AIK IF's economic situation, You only have yourself to blaim. When that Finnish guy took over the club AIK IF where playing in the Elite leauge. Now it's in the second, and was even relegated to the third division for it's economic difficulties.

2) There is nothing in the Swedish hockey system that in any way makes it harder for teams in the bigger cities to compete.

3) Promotions and relegations happens very often, your own fault for not playing well enough. On average one team from the Elite leauge get relegated and one manage to stay each year. Last year was an exception.

Stop whining and get your shit togehter.

As for AIK IF joining KHL :yawn:  sayonara, bon voyage have fun restarting in division four in a few years when KHL has tanked.

Pat

Quote from: Ape on November 20, 2009, 07:54:51 AM
Miglia, you're an idiot, you got so many missconceptions about the Swedish hockey system that I can't possibly rebutt, I will try though

1) AIK IF's economic situation, You only have yourself to blaim. When that Finnish guy took over the club AIK IF where playing in the Elite leauge. Now it's in the second, and was even relegated to the third division for it's economic difficulties.

2) There is nothing in the Swedish hockey system that in any way makes it harder for teams in the bigger cities to compete.

3) Promotions and relegations happens very often, your own fault for not playing well enough. On average one team from the Elite leauge get relegated and one manage to stay each year. Last year was an exception.

Stop whining and get your shit togehter.

As for AIK IF joining KHL :yawn:  sayonara, bon voyage have fun restarting in division four in a few years when KHL has tanked.

I gave several reasons for my opinion, and you haven't addressed any of them. Who's the fucking idiot?

edit: Clarification: You are. That will be all, thanks.

Pat

Ouch, a whole of Russia league?
If they want to be a all Europe league....Ouch, having to fly around the world every week....

I've never got ice hockey being so big in Sweden tbh. You already have bandy. I'd have thought the two would be similar enough they'd cancel out (Like American football and rugby)

There is a Western conference and an Eastern conference in the KHL, it seems.

Josquius

Ok...I'm really not understanding American sports leagues here then. I always thought (ffrom playing NBA and NFL games on the mega drive) you had regional divisions then towards the  end of the season the best teams from both went into playoffs.

Quote from: saskganesh on November 19, 2009, 05:29:55 PM

obviously, they are different enough so as not to "cancel each other out."

the same goes for bandy and hockey.
They do though. Rugby is nothing in the US and nor is American football in Europe. Any American kid who is good at rugby will adapt his skills to yankball.
██████
██████
██████

Pat

http://svtplay.se/v/1778477/wikegard_aik_kan_bli_det_hetaste_laget_i_europa (Sorry, swedish only)

This is the opinion of Wikegård, an old Djurgårdare who I doubt has any love for AIK.

Maybe he's wrong, it might not work. But if we stay we might go bankrupt.