Dad accused of killing son over sex abuse claim

Started by jimmy olsen, November 19, 2009, 05:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on December 01, 2009, 08:16:32 PM
No, it didn't mention "actual intercourse" and we don't know what the kid meant, because he is dead (with your seeming blessings).

Not blessing, understanding. There is a difference.

QuoteIt isn't that hard to judge the dad for cold-blooded murder.  Not for those of us with any sense for the sanctity of life.  The relationship of the girl to the kid isn't really relevant.  Dad would be no more, nor less, liable to the murder charge if it was a cousin or a stranger.  Dad doesn't get to kill people, period.  Why do you think the dad did it?  Because he thought it would restore the "virginity" of the three-year-old?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. By saying the boy's sister, I meant possibly the man's daughter. I think the dad did it because he found the act foul, despicable, and heinous, much like I do. As you said, we don't know what the boy said to his father, but it was obviously something that set the father off into a murderous rage. Given the reaction, I would hazard that it wasn't something mild that was done to the girl.

QuoteUnderstandable, yes.  Acceptable, no.

This was an "honor killing" as far as I can tell.

Care to defend it further?

grumbler, I do not think that it was okay that the father killed the son. However, I do understand what may have pushed him into it. I don't think it was an "honor killing", as you do. I think it was pure, blind rage at a heinous crime his son perpetrated. It is a horrible, disgusting thing what the boy did, and yes, to a degree, I believe that he deserved to die for it. Not in the fashion that it happened, but certainly I believe that it was horrible enough to warrant the death penalty. That Dad took it into his own hands... well, it's sad, but in my opinion, understandable.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: dps on December 01, 2009, 09:13:36 PM
Neil, are you suggesting that the 3-year old was able to give meaningful consent?   :huh:
Not at all.  I'm just suggesting that it was harmless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

Quote from: Neil on December 01, 2009, 09:18:50 PM

Children that age can die from sexual intercourse with an adult due to internal hemorrhaging. Even if they survive, there is usually extensive physical damage. Their bodies are not meant to accommodate an adult penis. I know you're probably joking, but I felt it was important to point this out. That little girl, no matter how "aware" she may or may not be, is not going to come out of this unscathed.

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2009, 08:23:56 AM
I dunno. The boy molested a three-year-old girl. I don't know how I'd react if I heard that one of my boys did that, but I'd probably be arrested, too.  <_<

Nonsense I worked with a few boys who raped three year olds and their parents were never prosecuted for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 10:03:40 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2009, 08:23:56 AM
I dunno. The boy molested a three-year-old girl. I don't know how I'd react if I heard that one of my boys did that, but I'd probably be arrested, too.  <_<

Nonsense I worked with a few boys who raped three year olds and their parents were never prosecuted for it.
What were you guys working on?

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on December 01, 2009, 09:52:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 01, 2009, 08:20:30 PMVictimless.
I hadn't expected you to come out in favour of raping babies.
Not so much in favour of.  Rather neutral, really.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on December 01, 2009, 09:37:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 01, 2009, 09:18:50 PM
Children that age can die from sexual intercourse with an adult due to internal hemorrhaging. Even if they survive, there is usually extensive physical damage. Their bodies are not meant to accommodate an adult penis. I know you're probably joking, but I felt it was important to point this out. That little girl, no matter how "aware" she may or may not be, is not going to come out of this unscathed.
We're not necessarily talking about sexual intercourse here.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Neil on December 01, 2009, 10:10:50 PM
We're not necessarily talking about sexual intercourse here.

I'm just going to ... let this go now. :mellow:

Neil

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on December 01, 2009, 09:16:39 PM
grumbler, I do not think that it was okay that the father killed the son. However, I do understand what may have pushed him into it. I don't think it was an "honor killing", as you do. I think it was pure, blind rage at a heinous crime his son perpetrated.

I don't think so. If it was a random stranger he'd probably let the police handle it. Killing his son had to have been heavily motivated by his own shame.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2009, 10:32:25 PM
I don't think so. If it was a random stranger he'd probably let the police handle it. Killing his son had to have been heavily motivated by his own shame.

Though I have no proof, I don't think the girl was a random stranger. I find it unlikely that the girl's parents would discuss what happened with the boy's parents before filing charges if it's a random stranger. Most likely, the girl is well-known to the family.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on December 01, 2009, 10:34:34 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2009, 10:32:25 PM

Though I have no proof, I don't think the girl was a random stranger. I find it unlikely that the girl's parents would discuss what happened with the boy's parents before filing charges if it's a random stranger. Most likely, the girl is well-known to the family.

I meant if his son was the stranger and he found out about that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?