Quote from: Tyr on November 20, 2009, 05:42:48 AM
I can now spell Philippines right :)

Philllipines BITCH!
Phillipines BITCH!
Phillippines BITCH!
fuck that
Indonesia :w00t:
Singapore :w00t:

I missed fucking The Philippines and Madagascar for fucks sake... Being a Rugby player I know my south pacific islands. Pirates! taught me the Caribbean islands.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on November 20, 2009, 05:31:20 AM
half those countries outpopulate my (and legbiters) own!

not on Languish, obviously.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 20, 2009, 05:14:09 AM
This site is really addictive. Thanks to it I can now name St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua, Comoros, Seychelles, Sao Tome and Principe, and many other tiny shitty island countries.

So how did our resident Byzanteens do on the roman emperors quizzes?

It was curious to me that they showed close ups for things like Europe and West Africa but didn't have one for Micronesia and the like.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

States, almost 3 minutes remaining, 99th percentile.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

29 seconds on the math.  And my advisor wondered why I wanted to go back down to College Algebra after almost four years not in school. <_<
Experience bij!

Habbaku

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 19, 2009, 09:05:29 PM
18. Started with former parts of the Ottoman Empire, then went through the various EU countries, then other major immigrant destinations, then various neighbors and Turkic countries. Should've gotten 19, but I didn't think of Afghanistan. Would never have thought of Belarus.

I tried mine with much the same logic as you did, only I typed in all the war-torn shitholes I knew of, first, so I got Afghanistan.  I missed Uzbekistan, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Got all the countries bordering Russia with just 20 seconds to spare.  Took me a little thinking to get the last one that only has a 19km border :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Ouch.  Only got 40 of 53 African countries.  Africa has always sort of been my blind spot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on November 22, 2009, 03:58:25 PM
Ouch.  Only got 40 of 53 African countries.  Africa has always sort of been my blind spot.

Not surprising; with all of the coups and revolutions those countries change their names every couple of years.

Rhodesia, I weep for thee.

DGuller

Agreed.  Africa needs to blob up a little.  Why the holes in South Africa, why the balkanization on the west coast?

HisMajestyBOB

Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, the Vatican, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg all need to be annexed into the French/English/Spanish/whatever empire. Same for all those pissy little island countries.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Lettow77

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2009, 11:11:37 PM
Agreed.  Africa needs to blob up a little.  Why the holes in South Africa, why the balkanization on the west coast?

Well, South Africa's holes are a holdover from the Apartheid-era Homelands policy.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach