And we're back!

Main Menu

No change soon on `don't ask, don't tell'

Started by garbon, March 29, 2009, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on March 31, 2009, 01:52:48 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2009, 01:37:59 AM
I admit that the only Asians I have ever spoken to on a non-professional basis are Philip V, Admiral Yi and Mono. Both Philip V and Admiral Yi have made an argument that we should not give equal rights to gays not because it is immoral or whatever but because "it would cost money" - an argument most Western people would find deeply unethical. Mono is, well, Mono.

Are there any Asians out there who are not disgusting pennypinchers?

Hey, I'm on your side in this argument  <_<
Well ok sorry. You are good people. But you are also obsessed about cash.  :hug:

Neil

- an argument most Western people would find deeply unethical.
I'm a little offended at you trying to define what 'most Western people' might think.  Remember, you are not Western.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eochaid

Quote from: Neil on March 31, 2009, 07:10:09 AMI'm a little offended at you trying to define what 'most Western people' might think.  Remember, you are not Western.

Actually, he is.

Even Huntington says so :D

Kevin
It's been a while

Valmy

The female ones who like western guys don't seem to be...at least with the guy's money.  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 30, 2009, 12:28:47 PM
My God you've no idea.  The number of times I've had to buy Mr. Muscle shower plug declogger because the girls won't clear their hair out of the way :bleeding:

It can really build up in there.  I have shared a bathroom with a girl almost my entire life.  I never found it particularly less gross than the rare times I was sharing it with a guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I'm white and I want Marti's rights taken away. Just Marti's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2009, 08:34:01 AM
I'm white and I want Marti's rights taken away. Just Marti's.

I can support this.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Here's a Huntington's map of civilizations. Poland and Hungary are in the Western one.  :bowler:

Ed Anger

Next, that fucking soda map is going to show up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Faeelin

What a stupid map. How are Chile and Argentina less Western than Romania?

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2009, 08:37:27 AM
Here's a Huntington's map of civilizations. Poland and Hungary are in the Western one.  :bowler:

Neil is more concerned with race than religion.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

DisturbedPervert

Uhh...most of them.

PDH

Quote from: Faeelin on March 31, 2009, 08:43:32 AM

Pssst, on that map Romania isn't Western...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

It's a culture and race thing though, too. Poland has always been looking to the West and, despite the perception of the Polish-German conflicts throughout history (obviously resulting from WW2 but also from the communist anti-Western propaganda), our Western border has been historically the calmest - we have fought many wars with Russians, Tartars and Turks, and occasionally with Swedes but almost never with Germans. And from the medieval German colonization (which brought to us countless German burghers and peasants to settle), we are probably not less racially German than, say, people inhabiting the modern day Brandenburg.

When we elected foreign Kings, we had Vasas from Sweden, Wettins from Saxony, Valois from France - but we never elected any of the Russian tsars (even though they were running in all the elections).

Historically, we used to have a lot of Orthodox people due to the union with Lithuania and owning parts of Ukraine, but in its current borders at least it's Latin/Western/Catholic culture through and through.

Eochaid

Quote from: Faeelin on March 31, 2009, 08:43:32 AM

I suggest you read Huntington's Clash of Civilisations. Or you can just read the Wiki article.

I'm not a big fan of Huntington's later work, but this book has been VERY influential in the past 15 years.

Kevin
It's been a while