[Gay] Lesbians parents better at raising children

Started by ulmont, November 17, 2009, 09:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 17, 2009, 09:45:47 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 09:42:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2009, 09:41:31 AM
Are those kids championing social justice?
The last I had contact with them they were championing being nursed and having their diapers changed.

Hopefully they were championing this while in public places

Changing diapers in public gets you turned on eh?  Kinky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Since Lesbians are unlikely to get pregnant by accident, the demographic is skewed in favour of those who go through considerable effort & trouble to be parents - as opposed to the hetero category, which includes a percentage of those too dumb to use birth control and too squeamish or religious to get abortions.

So it would not be surprising that the self-selected set of eager parents make better parents on average than the group that includes eager parents mixed with trailer trash and the like. 

That said, I question the metric for comparing how good a parent you are - something in real life notoriously difficult to do.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 09:49:11 AM
Since Lesbians are unlikely to get pregnant by accident, the demographic is skewed in favour of those who go through considerable effort & trouble to be parents - as opposed to the hetero category, which includes a percentage of those too dumb to use birth control and too squeamish or religious to get abortions.
Yep.  My sister in law falls into the latter group. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on November 17, 2009, 09:44:30 AM
I actually would not find it at all surprising if gay couples were lsightly better parents than the general population.

The general population includes a lot of intolerant assholes. Gay couples, if nothing else, are likely going to be more aware, more tolerant, and more engaged parents, if for no other reasno than it takes a lot more work to have a child when you are gay.

I also would not find it surprising that adoptive parents as a whole are better parents than the average, for much the same reasons. It would be more interesting to compare adoptive gay parents to adoptive straight parents.

yeah, it's kinda hard to have "accidental" parents among gay people, so on average they are probably better prepared to parenting than straight parents.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 09:51:10 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2009, 09:49:11 AM
Yep.  My sister in law falls into the latter group. :bleeding:

HOTT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 09:46:30 AMuh.... no.  Have you ever seen a real lesbian (as opposed to a Howard Stern lesbian)? :P

:huh:

Of course

Caliga

Ed Anger

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 17, 2009, 09:57:52 AM
It would be no problem.
Well, ok then.  You'd probably like her.  Blonde, big boobs, giant slut.  FB has seen her pics and said he'd do her.

Only problem is she needs to get her damn teeth fixed.  Ugh.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 09:59:50 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 17, 2009, 09:57:52 AM
It would be no problem.
Well, ok then.  You'd probably like her.  Blonde, big boobs, giant slut.  FB has seen her pics and said he'd do her.

Only problem is she needs to get her damn teeth fixed.  Ugh.

I'd give her 50 dollars a month.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 17, 2009, 10:02:55 AM
Pshaw, her pot bills are at least double that.  Plus, most of her ~$9 an hour salary is garnished for nonpayment of taxes and credit card debt.  :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 10:06:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 17, 2009, 10:02:55 AM
Pshaw, her pot bills are at least double that.  Plus, most of her ~$9 an hour salary is garnished for nonpayment of taxes and credit card debt.  :)

Pothead? Pass. Ick.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Maximus on November 17, 2009, 09:39:51 AM
Yea that's a pretty one-dimensional rating.

Not only one-dimensional, but "aspirations" are intangibles.  Comparative results of schooling and employment rates in those fields would be needed before that claim can seriously be made.  All this article tells me is that children of lesbian couples exhibit more confidence; it doesn't preclude embattled parents giving their children artificial and unreasonable ego boosts.
Experience bij!

Malthus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 17, 2009, 11:16:46 AM
Quote from: Maximus on November 17, 2009, 09:39:51 AM
Yea that's a pretty one-dimensional rating.

Not only one-dimensional, but "aspirations" are intangibles.  Comparative results of schooling and employment rates in those fields would be needed before that claim can seriously be made.  All this article tells me is that children of lesbian couples exhibit more confidence; it doesn't preclude embattled parents giving their children artificial and unreasonable ego boosts.

Heh, "research says: children of lesbian parents are little shits with entitlement issues".  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius