News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Semana diez del NFL

Started by katmai, November 10, 2009, 09:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Josh Cribbs was taken off on a stretcher after that last totally pointless lateral play. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on November 16, 2009, 10:20:57 PM
I think it is that you are assigned an area and block the person who is there, as opposed to blocking the DE no matter which direction he goes.
How is that different than normal blocking?  Lineman pulls on an off tackle play and kicks out the contain, he doesn't go running around the field looking for the cornerback.

Sophie Scholl

Definitely unhappy Cribbs got hurt on the play.  He's a damn good player on the field, and an awesome guy off it.  He deserves a nice extension from the Browns, or failing that a nice contract with a team that will appreciate him.  I can't say as I have much faith in Quinn after tonight.  His cheap shot and denial on Suggs, his inability to throw deep, and his awful accuracy when he attempted to do so at the end of the game when both passes ended up fairly far out of bounds do not inspire me.  I'm liking the concept of what Mangini is doing, I'm just not sure if it will work with the pieces he has or if Randy Lerner will give him enough time to see it through.  Argh.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

It was a refreshingly boring game, and nice to see them blank somebody, even if it was the Browns.
The performance the Ravens turned in, though, wouldn't have been enough for anybody else but the Browns. Very disconcerting.

Didn't appreciate all the bodybags though.  Definitely didn't need that before the Colts come to town next week.

Liep

The Danes clinches a playoff spot! :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

The Patriots loss is about the biggest choke I've seen them do. Usually they win games when they are behind like the Colts were in the fourth quarter, not lose games like that. Choked, badly. Good job by Indy though, and good job they did to come back.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2009, 07:12:39 AM
It was a refreshingly boring game, and nice to see them blank somebody, even if it was the Browns.
The performance the Ravens turned in, though, wouldn't have been enough for anybody else but the Browns. Very disconcerting.

Didn't appreciate all the bodybags though.  Definitely didn't need that before the Colts come to town next week.

I think they got enough calls from the refs last night to make then even for the year.  ;)

Neil

Quote from: sbr on November 17, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

I think they got enough calls from the refs last night to make then even for the year.  ;)
Not really.  They did call the Brady Rule though.  Seeing it called makes me hate Brady all the more.  Last year, that was a good, clean football play.  The minute the athletic competition side of the NFL fucks with the Marketing Plan, it gets thrown under the bus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on November 17, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

I don't see how, you fucking nigger.

Sophie Scholl

Jamarcus got benched! :yeah:  It's sad when Bruce Gradkowski becoming your team's quarterback is a reason to be excited.  Hahaha.  Now if they would only bench DHB...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."