Cheerleaders forced to Cheer for Team rather than Jesus

Started by alfred russel, November 11, 2009, 12:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 11, 2009, 03:18:04 PM
Except it sounds like it's the cheerleaders on the field who were coming out with bible banners.  Knock yourself out in the stands, but the players, cheerleaders, and marching band members are representatives of the school.
After bursting threw the new secular banner the players knelt and prayed on the field.  It's OK as long as it's not a group activity apparently.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2009, 03:20:09 PM
After bursting threw the new secular banner the players knelt and prayed on the field.  It's OK as long as it's not a group activity apparently.

Organized.  The players can pray as a team if the captain leads them, but if the coach leads, it's verbot.  With the cheerleaders, that would have had to be organized by or with the cheerleading coach; that's probably why they freaked out about the banner.
Experience bij!

Caliga

:yes: If the cheerleaders are kneeling depending on the camera angle you might be able to see some boobage. :perv:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on November 11, 2009, 03:40:55 PM
:yes: If the cheerleaders are kneeling depending on the camera angle you might be able to see some boobage. :perv:
Dude, high school cheerleaders don't show cleavage.  They show ass and crotch.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2009, 03:56:44 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 11, 2009, 03:40:55 PM
Dude, high school cheerleaders don't show cleavage.  They show ass and crotch.

Unless they are doing a car wash. Yeah. I love springtime.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 11, 2009, 03:18:04 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 11, 2009, 12:42:04 PM
They aren't crazy because at the end of the day they are doing the right thing.

Pesonal religious expression in the stands? Knock yourself out.
Except it sounds like it's the cheerleaders on the field who were coming out with bible banners.  Knock yourself out in the stands, but the players, cheerleaders, and marching band members are representatives of the school.

Right - and the school put a stop to it. This is a story that shows that we are making progress, even in Caliga's home state.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 11, 2009, 04:13:30 PM
Unless they are doing a car wash. Yeah. I love springtime.
Amen, amen, amen.  Osama bin Laden wants to take that away from us.

merithyn

Quote from: dps on November 11, 2009, 01:45:11 PM
Actually, my reading is that no-one in the community had threatened a lawsuit, or even complained about what they were doing.  The article mentioned that the school district was afraid that someone might bring a suit, but that doesn't imply that anyone had done so.  In other words, while you might cheer this as a victory for separation of church and state, it seems to be a product of exactly the same kind of mentality on the part of school boards that leads to zero-tolerance policies that cause a kid with a cold to get expelled for bringing an aspirin to school.  In short, school boards and school administrators may not be crazy, but a lot of them are spineless fools.

Then you didn't read it all the way through.

Players at the 900-student school began running through the Biblical banners shortly after the Sept. 11 terror attacks, and school Principal Jerry Ransom said he enthusiastically supported it then. But Catoosa County schools Superintendent Denia Reese banned the practice after a parent complained.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2009, 03:14:17 PM
Would somebody seriously sue just because of religious stuff at a football game?  :unsure:
Berkut certainly would.  His sourness knows no bounds.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quotewithout any Bible verses written on the cheerleaders' banner.
Instead, the football team ran through a banner that read "This is Big Red Country"

Anybody else see the humor in this?

Tonitrus

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 12, 2009, 12:05:59 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 11, 2009, 03:37:12 PM
OK.

We need pics.

This shouldn't have taken 3 pages to get to.  Languish is dying!

It's not like they are going to look like lyla garrity

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

I wonder how quoting scripture feels like while showing midriff.

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on November 11, 2009, 04:13:49 PM
Right - and the school put a stop to it. This is a story that shows that we are making progress, even in Caliga's home state.
:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points