Cheerleaders forced to Cheer for Team rather than Jesus

Started by alfred russel, November 11, 2009, 12:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 12, 2009, 12:53:57 PM
Do you really fail to understand why a religious person might want to pray to their God?

It is one thing to disagree with their reasons but to admit that you dont actually understand why they do it.  Now that is truly astounding.
Martinus has a lot of problems with feats of intellect that your average teenager could manage, because he's mentally and emotionally a junior-high girl.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 12, 2009, 12:53:57 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 12, 2009, 10:24:25 AM
I never quite understood the concept of praying (or otherwise invoking the divine) for victory when done by both sides in a competitive sport event when both sides follow the same god. If one side wins, does it mean the other side was not praying hard enough or is simply abominable to god?

Do you really fail to understand why a religious person might want to pray to their God?

It is one thing to disagree with their reasons but to admit that you dont actually understand why they do it.  Now that is truly astounding.

I don't pray to the Bomb.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2009, 01:07:43 PM
I don't pray to the Bomb.

The shrine in the fall out shelter under your house points to a different conclusion.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2009, 01:12:25 PM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on November 12, 2009, 12:58:39 PM
Atheists are morons.

For a second I thought you said that atheists were mormons.

Nah, they're just going to the same place in the afterlife. ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pat

Quote from: Alexandru H. on November 12, 2009, 12:58:39 PM
Atheists are morons.

It seems the homo sovieticus can not really change it's way of thinking, merely dress it up in different clothes. Black is white. War is peace. Poverty is wealth. To believe in nonsense is to be smart. To not belive in nonsense is to be a moron. Etc.