Main Menu

CFL:football for lame Canucks

Started by Barrister, November 08, 2009, 01:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 10:44:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 29, 2009, 10:30:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 10:27:46 PM
That sounded entertaining.  Still, I'm glad I missed that amateur hour bullshit.
You fail at being a Rider fan.

And it was one of the most interesting games I've seen all year.  Maybe the first Vikings-Packers game would compare, but since playoffs>regular season, I'd have to go with this game.
Ravens > anything the CFL has to offer.

:lmfao:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on November 29, 2009, 11:11:16 PM
Last 3 plays of the game:

http://watch.tsn.ca/cfl-news-and-highlights/clip240788#clip240788

Brutal ending for the guys in green.  Bad enough to lose a close game, but to have thought you had it won and then have that happen would be horrible.

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on November 30, 2009, 12:06:39 AM

Brutal ending for the guys in green.  Bad enough to lose a close game, but to have thought you had it won and then have that happen would be horrible.

Meh - karma's a bitch.

When the Als were down by 8, scored a TD, then went for 2, the Riders totally jammed the receiver off the line illegally, which prevented the two.

Besides, it's the Riders.  They're the Steelers of Canada (but with less success) - bandwagonning fans all across the country. :x

sbr

Yeah, I know absolutely nothing about the CFL, other than Doug Flutie and Marcus Allen's brother being the two best QBs ever.  In that vacuum I felt bad for those guys running around celebrating, only to find out they lost a minute later.

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on November 30, 2009, 01:46:52 AM
Yeah, I know absolutely nothing about the CFL, other than Doug Flutie and Marcus Allen's brother being the two best QBs ever.  In that vacuum I felt bad for those guys running around celebrating, only to find out they lost a minute later.

Damon Allen - he wasn't bad.

But best ever QBs?  You have to include such luminaries as Warren Moon, Matt Dunnigan, Dieter Brock, Ron Lancaster, Anthony Calvillo... and that's just off the top of my head - I'm sure I'm forgetting some great players.

Oh - don't forget Darren Flutie either, one of the best WRs of all time, and Doug's brother.

Besides - the 'Riders fans deserve to suffer.  And the fact that my favourite team, the Blue Bombers, is the archrival of the Riders has nothing to do with me saying so. :whistle:

PRC

I watched it, awesome game in the end.  I had to go to Victoria to watch the game though... before the weekend had started there were way too many Rider fans in Cowtown to tolerate staying in the city for the Grey Cup.  While waiting in the airport out from Calgary two Westjet birds poured green shirted losers marching cheerily in to have their hopes and dreams dashed.  Crying into their watermelons now I guess.

PRC

In that video you linked to it's hilarious at the 1:10 mark the play by play guys says "Penalty markers down... all over the field!" and then you see a beer can crash onto the field in the top left corner.

PRC

Damon Allen was a pretty good quarterback... his later years with the Lions he had some good teams with him.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2009, 01:09:04 AM
Besides, it's the Riders.  They're the Steelers of Canada (but with less success) - bandwagonning fans all across the country. :x
Don't be a moron.  Those aren't bandwagoners, those are Saskatchewan emigres.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2009, 01:09:04 AM
Quote from: sbr on November 30, 2009, 12:06:39 AM

Meh - karma's a bitch.

When the Als were down by 8, scored a TD, then went for 2, the Riders totally jammed the receiver off the line illegally, which prevented the two.

They are much worse they are the Raiders with success.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Duval missed his 1st game winning field goal on purpose apparently. Montreal's coaching staff apparently saw the 13th Riders players & was in an hurry to have him kick.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

OUCH!

I was following the game, we had a lead, I went up to do something else...when I came back, we had lost on the very last play.

good game. anything can happen in the CFL.
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

That was one of the most boring Grey Cup games I have seen.  The only reason Saskatchewan was even in that game is because the Als forgot how to pass and catch in the first half.

Until the fourth quarter it looked more like an early season game then the championship game.  However, at least the Grey Cup delivered another close game in the end.

BuddhaRhubarb

watched most of the game. while playing Civ. reasonably entertaining. But I had no investement in either team winning. I don't know who to cheer for in CFL these days.
:p