News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL:football for lame Canucks

Started by Barrister, November 08, 2009, 01:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

3rd and goal on the 3 yard line, down by 10 - go for it you fools!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2009, 04:31:45 PM
Holy shit - overtime!  :o

humph.

Set up for an exciting finish - Ti-Cats score a last seconds TD to tie the game up.

But then promptly blow it in OT.

Grats Lions.

Barrister

And nice game between Edmonton and Calgary.

Incidentally my pics were correct. :cool:

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2009, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 15, 2009, 02:49:13 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on November 15, 2009, 02:28:37 PM
This would take a lot of will though. I don't know that the powers that be would go for that approach. I'd love it if there were at least 1 CFL team in every feasible Province or Territory.
Why add 'and territory'?  There is no territory that is feasible for a CFL team.  Ignoring the fact that the inhabitants of the territories spend their entire disposable incomes on alcohol and anything you can get high on by huffing, the weather turns cold in a hurry up there.  Playing in November or October wouldn't be that great, and there's no way that Whitehorse or Yellowknife could build a dome.

:rolleyes:

But more seriously, you want places where you can pull 15-20,000 fans per game.  Simple mathematics rules out the territories.

I suspected as much but wanted to be as inclusive as possible in my fantasy scenario. Wherever there is the interest to have it and at a level comparable to what there is now.
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 15, 2009, 04:31:45 PM
Holy shit - overtime!  :o

Funny thing is my son and I taped it because he was playing football at the same time.  We came back and watched it but the recording ran out right after the Cats kicked the field goal with over a minute to go.  We didnt worry about it too much because we thought the Lions had won the game.  I would have liked to see the overtime.

I blame the two play stoppages caused by Hamilton fans running onto the field.

Barrister

4 hours to Grey Cup.   :)

Gah, it pains me to have to pull for the Als.  <_<

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 29, 2009, 02:19:34 PM
4 hours to Grey Cup.   :)

Gah, it pains me to have to pull for the Als.  <_<
As well it should.  Looks like your street cred as a Westerner is all used up, Mr. Fed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

The last thing the world needs is smug Rider fans.  <_<

Go Als go.

In about an hour. :Canuck:

Neil

And the Riders take the lead, causing great consternation to all quislings living in Whitehorse.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
And the Riders take the lead, causing great consternation to all quislings living in Whitehorse.

I'll be in the cold, cold ground before I cheer for those inbred hicks from Regina.

Barrister

What a finish. :woot: :yeah:

3 minute warning or so, Montreal down by 8.  They score a TD, and get jobbed on a pass interference call when going for two.

Riders don't get a 1st down, but run down the clock as far as they can.  Get it down to about 40 secs before the Als get it back aroung the 50, 55 yard line.

They manage a couple of first downs and get within field goal range with zero time on the clock (they're still allowed to get the last play off).  The Als kick, and it's a miss!

But wait - flag!

Sask gets called for 13 men on the field! :o

And on the replay, the fieldgoal goes in, and the Als win the Grey Cup.

Congrats to Montreal, who never led in the game (and were down by 14 at the half), and only took the lead on the last play of the game.

And, the Riders don't win. :cool:

Neil

That sounded entertaining.  Still, I'm glad I missed that amateur hour bullshit.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 10:27:46 PM
That sounded entertaining.  Still, I'm glad I missed that amateur hour bullshit.

You fail at being a Rider fan.

And it was one of the most interesting games I've seen all year.  Maybe the first Vikings-Packers game would compare, but since playoffs>regular season, I'd have to go with this game.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 29, 2009, 10:30:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 10:27:46 PM
You fail at being a Rider fan.

And it was one of the most interesting games I've seen all year.  Maybe the first Vikings-Packers game would compare, but since playoffs>regular season, I'd have to go with this game.
Ravens > anything the CFL has to offer.