News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A NATO Without Turkey?

Started by jimmy olsen, November 08, 2009, 07:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Demon

The Turks have already been lost, and it's not just about Europe. I think too few people realize just how deeply hated the United States is in Turkey (and no, Obama didn't make much of a difference). Sure, the moderate government will go through the motions of being an ally for a little while longer, but at it's core Turkey is definitely not a friendly country.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josquius

Quote from: Ancient Demon on November 08, 2009, 05:52:08 PM
The Turks have already been lost, and it's not just about Europe. I think too few people realize just how deeply hated the United States is in Turkey (and no, Obama didn't make much of a difference). Sure, the moderate government will go through the motions of being an ally for a little while longer, but at it's core Turkey is definitely not a friendly country.
But you should remember its unfriendly as in France. Not unfriendly as in Iran.
██████
██████
██████

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2009, 05:55:25 PM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on November 08, 2009, 05:52:08 PM
But you should remember its unfriendly as in France. Not unfriendly as in Iran.

Really?

http://pewglobal.org/database/?indicator=1&mode=chart

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Fate

What did we do to Argentina back in the day to make them hate us so?  :(

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Ancient Demon

Josquius

Quote from: Ancient Demon on November 08, 2009, 06:10:23 PM
What would show "something"?
I don't think any one thing could.
Having a negative view of the US can range from wanting to wipe the US off the face of the earth to making snide comments about it occasionally. If someone came up to me on the street and asked 'US- Yey or ney', I may sometimes fall on the negative side of the fence.
Western Turkey is a remarkably modern, civilized, secular place. I have little doubt that they are far more towards my kind of negativity than the negativity of the Iranian regime.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2009, 06:04:53 PM
You just did that though. You said really and posted a link that shows nothing.

France 75% vs. Turkey 14% shows that your analogy was complete bollocks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Fate on November 08, 2009, 06:01:27 PM
What did we do to Argentina back in the day to make them hate us so?  :(

We didn't nuke London during the Malvinas War.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I'm surprised the French like us more then the British.  Also the Nigerians love us for some unknown reason. Must be those scams.  Odd that India likes us better then Canada.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Canadian nationalism is based on anti-Americanism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

France is mildly surprising; Lebanon at 55% even moreso. Though I suppose it could be nearly unanimous among the Marionites.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 08, 2009, 10:10:31 PM
France is mildly surprising; Lebanon at 55% even moreso. Though I suppose it could be nearly unanimous among the Marionites.

I think it really depends on how many of the diaspora are at home. It probably is 10% more positive during the summer vacation.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.