And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week Nine

Started by CountDeMoney, November 05, 2009, 09:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2009, 04:08:31 PM
Fouts just did a Airplane joke.

Now if he'll do his lines from the Waterboy.

I liked his quote on the punt.

"Now there's Ed Reed getting held, and looking for the flag and not getting it."

Ed Anger

At least it isn't SEC refs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2009, 04:10:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2009, 04:08:31 PM
Fouts just did a Airplane joke.

Now if he'll do his lines from the Waterboy.

I liked his quote on the punt.

"Now there's Ed Reed getting held, and looking for the flag and not getting it."
Well, maybe next year the Ravens won't talk shit about the bad officiating.  The refs stick together, and won't let that shit slide.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 04:12:56 PM
Well, maybe next year the Ravens won't talk shit about the bad officiating.  The refs stick together, and won't let that shit slide.

That doesn't help at all, since they've been a marked team all season long--leading the league in pass interference penalties and total penalties overall--but they've got bigger problems to address for next year.

But, all things considered, the Bengals are simply dialed in this season.

Ed Anger

I'm feeling a bit better now.

Ed Anger

That was some shitty ass Ravens line play.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 08, 2009, 04:16:39 PM
I'm feeling a bit better now.

Don't you have some scrapbooking to do today?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2009, 04:16:35 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 04:12:56 PM
That doesn't help at all, since they've been a marked team all season long--leading the league in pass interference penalties and total penalties overall--but they've got bigger problems to address for next year.

But, all things considered, the Bengals are simply dialed in this season.
I don't so much think that the Bengals are for real, as the Ravens are pretenders.  Their corners are bad, their pass rush anaemic and they have the worst kicker in NFL history.  Missing Ngata today didn't help them, but the Ravens have been exposed as a second-tier team.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

:rolleyes:  Kris Brown makes the 56 yarder earlier, but chokes on the ~40 yard game tying FG with no time left.  Welp.  Texans lose by 3, drop to 5-4.  The bye week is finally here.

derspiess

Seedy: you're friggin' blind if you didn't see the blatant penalties on the part of the Ravens today.  You could make the claim that one or two of them were in a gray area, but the fact of the matter is the Ravens got flagged so many times because they are an undisciplined team.  An undisciplined team is usually a poorly coached team.  I used to think Ray-Ray was a great player-leader, but if he's not chewing his teammates out for stupid penalties (and I'm guessing he's complaining about the refs rather than doing that), maybe he's not that great of a leader after all.

Another shocker: the Ravens got away with at least 2 uncalled penalties, not to mention a couple generous spots.

Anyway, I'm happy.  Bungles are playing with an intensity I've rarely seen and sit atop the division, with a 4-0 division record.  Only thing I'm worried about is that they'll play soft against their upcoming soft opponents.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Strix

Hopefully the Steelers won't get swept by the Bungles like some other teams in the AFC North.  :P
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

JacobL

FINALLY TAMPA BAY WINS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on November 08, 2009, 04:36:17 PM
Hopefully the Steelers won't get swept by the Bungles like some other teams in the AFC North.  :P

You're already halfway there, fuckstick.

Level raised accordingly.

katmai

Lol lions are up 17-0 on Seahawks
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2009, 04:34:36 PM
Seedy: you're friggin' blind if you didn't see the blatant penalties on the part of the Ravens today.  You could make the claim that one or two of them were in a gray area, but the fact of the matter is the Ravens got flagged so many times because they are an undisciplined team.  An undisciplined team is usually a poorly coached team.  I used to think Ray-Ray was a great player-leader, but if he's not chewing his teammates out for stupid penalties (and I'm guessing he's complaining about the refs rather than doing that), maybe he's not that great of a leader after all.

Same coaching as last season, except on defense.  And I take exeption to the fact that a Rex Ryan defense is a better coached team.
There's more to the penalties here than just undisciplined play.  Which, I will say, is a big part of it.  But not the only part.

Another shocker: the Ravens got away with at least 2 uncalled penalties, not to mention a couple generous spots.

I don't know what you're talking about.

QuoteAnyway, I'm happy.  Bungles are playing with an intensity I've rarely seen and sit atop the division, with a 4-0 division record.  Only thing I'm worried about is that they'll play soft against their upcoming soft opponents.

I bet you are happy.  I don't think they'll play soft, look what the did against Chicago.
Don't worry, as Palmer goes, so go the Bengals.  So I suggest you keep going to church and pray for his health.