News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week Nine

Started by CountDeMoney, November 05, 2009, 09:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

News and Notes:

QuoteCoach Tom Cable said Wednesday that he has spoken with Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis about allegations that Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women.

"What we talked about is between us, and we'll keep it that way," he said.

Cable said the conversation came within the past two days and that his job status was not discussed. Cable said he plans to coach the team for the remainder of the season.

The Raiders are undergoing a "serious evaluation" of allegations made to ESPN by Cable's first wife, Sandy Cable, and former girlfriend, Marie Lutz, that the coach physically abused them at various times during their relationships.

Cable acknowledged in a statement Sunday that he struck Sandy Cable. Cable said the altercation happened more than 20 years ago and was the only time he has touched a woman inappropriately.

COLTS: Starting linebacker Tyjuan Hagler has been lost for the rest of the season with a ruptured biceps.

EAGLES: Running back Brian Westbrook (concussion) is set to return when Philadelphia hosts the Cowboys on Sunday.

TEXANS: Steve Slaton's starting job is in jeopardy after Ryan Moats ran for 126 yards Sunday. Coach Gary Kubiak won't say who'll start at Indianapolis.

CHIEFS: Kansas City was awarded San Diego wide receiver Chris Chambers via a waiver claim

SEAHAWKS: Matt Hasselbeck watched most of Wednesday's practice to rest his broken ribs, but he's expected to start again Sunday against Detroit.

derspiess

Ravens were favored by 3.5 at Cincy last I checked.

Good... good...  :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Falcons favored by 10, Saints favored by 13...hopefully a boring weekend for my teams.

Neil

Hasselbeck's hurt again?  Poor guy, he's the the only good player on that whole team.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

citizen k

Quote from: Neil on November 05, 2009, 10:18:37 PM
Hasselbeck's hurt again?  Poor guy, he's the the only good player on that whole team.
Same injury, he just won't give it enough rest to let it heal.

katmai

Might as well, as the hawks season is pretty much toast.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

citizen k

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

But, but ... they got Housh and Edgerrin James this year.  ;)

katmai

Quote from: citizen k on November 06, 2009, 12:57:19 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

But, but ... they got Housh and Edgerrin James this year.  ;)

Who they just released :P

But losing Jones and Tatupu for year is killing em.
It's only because they are in NFC west that they still have a chance :lol:

citizen k

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2009, 12:59:49 AM

Aww, c'mon it's going to be a battle between Arizona and San Fran this year.

sbr

Quote from: citizen k on November 06, 2009, 01:13:48 AM

The Cardinals will prevail. 

Neil

Quote from: sbr on November 06, 2009, 02:47:39 AM
Quote from: citizen k on November 06, 2009, 01:13:48 AM

The Cardinals will prevail. 
Probably.  The Crabtree Curse will defeat the Niners.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Neil

Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2009, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 07:39:33 AM
?
:huh:
You haven't heard about it?  Certain parts of the media who were cheering on the Niners' blue-collar approach to victory are applauding their skid after they signed Crabtree.  Their spin is that when they signed a spoiled brat who held out for a quarter of the season and gave him a great big payday, they showed that all of Singletary's talk about attitude, toughness and the will to win was just talk.  I think Ditka was talking that way, for example.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 11:59:31 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 06, 2009, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2009, 07:39:33 AM
?
:huh:
You haven't heard about it?  Certain parts of the media who were cheering on the Niners' blue-collar approach to victory are applauding their skid after they signed Crabtree.  Their spin is that when they signed a spoiled brat who held out for a quarter of the season and gave him a great big payday, they showed that all of Singletary's talk about attitude, toughness and the will to win was just talk.  I think Ditka was talking that way, for example.

TMQ had been talking about the Crabtree curse as well...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

That is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard.