News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week Nine

Started by CountDeMoney, November 05, 2009, 09:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2009, 04:22:39 PMI don't so much think that the Bengals are for real, as the Ravens are pretenders.  Their corners are bad, their pass rush anaemic and they have the worst kicker in NFL history.  Missing Ngata today didn't help them, but the Ravens have been exposed as a second-tier team.

Well, to follow their best effort of the year with their worst is definitely not a recipe for the playoffs, that's for sure.
But the Bengals are for real.  After their first few wins by the skin of their teeth, they're starting to play serious ball.  And Palmer is healthy, so look out.

Chris Henry broke his arm, ending his season.  Which means, since he'll have time on his hands, he'll get arrested in a strip club sometime this year.

CountDeMoney

stjaba

Quote from: JacobL on November 08, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
FINALLY TAMPA BAY WINS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's a new day in Tampa Bay!  :cool:

What I think is impressive is that Josh Freeman is only twenty one years old. He's the youngest NFL QB to start and win an NFL game.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2009, 05:23:34 PM
Oh, and go Denver.

Not that many more months to Spring Training and another stellar season of Oriole baseball!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on November 08, 2009, 05:40:53 PM
Oh, and go Denver.

Not that many more months to Spring Training and another stellar season of Oriole baseball!

I haven't followed the Orioles since '98, so I don't think that's really going to affect me.
You'd get better traction talking about Terps basketball.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

After the Bombers lost, and the Vikings on a bye, I am at least slightly mollified to see both the Bears and the Packers lose.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

I really wish the Saints would get out of the habit of letting the other team go up by two touchdowns early, but at least they came back again.

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on November 08, 2009, 07:17:09 PM
I really wish the Saints would get out of the habit of letting the other team go up by two touchdowns early, but at least they came back again.

I haven't seen many Saints games in the past few years.  How long have they had the scrotum-chin mascot?  :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2009, 07:24:23 PM
Quote from: ulmont on November 08, 2009, 07:17:09 PM

I haven't seen many Saints games in the past few years.  How long have they had the scrotum-chin mascot?  :huh:

I honestly don't remember when they brought "Sir Saint" back, but he was one of the original mascots.

Neil

:(  The Crabtree Curse continues.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

One thing I like about Olberman is his mockery of the officiating when it comes to Brady.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

:yeah: Neither the Browns nor the Raiders lost today!!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 08, 2009, 05:43:57 PM
Quote from: Strix on November 08, 2009, 05:40:53 PM
Oh, and go Denver.

I haven't followed the Orioles since '98, so I don't think that's really going to affect me.
You'd get better traction talking about Terps basketball.

I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 Documentary on Len Bias the other night; I was almost 16 and a huge basketball fan when he died but I had forgotten how sad that whole story was.  What a wake of destruction his death left behind.  I also didn't know his younger brother was murdered just a few years later.  :(

Vince

Quote from: JacobL on November 08, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
FINALLY TAMPA BAY WINS A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And here I was figuring Green Bay was a gimme pick for my survivor league :frusty: