If no one hears from me again, tell my wife I love her...

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2009, 09:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 08:19:35 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2009, 08:09:24 AM
Why have a big giant monster unless you are suppose to kill it?  Wait, I thought Gold's spat fire as well.
This is what I thought when I first read about the Tarrasque.  That sort of thing makes sense in Call of Cthulhu, but not in D&D.

There is a forgotten Realms adventure that involves fighting a Tarrasque.  The Module is titled "How the Might are Fallen"  Essentially it involves the collapse of civilization
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2009, 11:18:46 PM
Quote from: Korea on November 04, 2009, 11:07:27 PM
I love Dragons.  But I've never heard of these dragons before.

You never spent a Saturday night in 8th grade with the Monster Manual and 3 other guys that were afraid to go to the school dance.

I have though.  I only remember the Chromatics.  The metallic and the gem dragons weren't very useful.  Why have a big giant monster unless you are suppose to kill it?  Wait, I thought Gold's spat fire as well.
Why wouldn't you kill a gem dragon?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Larch

KRonn

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 05, 2009, 12:55:17 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 12:17:11 AM
You guys: deliver.   :cool:

Slept in my winter sleeping bag, with two extra blankets on top, and was fine.  WHen I complained in the morning, they said "yeah, I noticed that in my room too.  Our heat exchanger is on the fritz".

It was -20C in the morning.  :angry:

But finished court, drove the 5 hours home, and am now safe and snug.

Quiet dead man; the living are talking here.
Poor Beeb. He's obviously delirious from cold and exposure.   :(

lustindarkness

What a boring ending. I thougth Seedy was on his way already. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 05, 2009, 09:19:44 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 04, 2009, 11:18:46 PM
Quote from: Korea on November 04, 2009, 11:07:27 PM
I love Dragons.  But I've never heard of these dragons before.

You never spent a Saturday night in 8th grade with the Monster Manual and 3 other guys that were afraid to go to the school dance.

I have though.  I only remember the Chromatics.  The metallic and the gem dragons weren't very useful.  Why have a big giant monster unless you are suppose to kill it?  Wait, I thought Gold's spat fire as well.
Why wouldn't you kill a gem dragon?

Cause nobody would waste the time to put them in the campaign.  They were like the Swiss of Dragons.  Except they occasionally bothered people by asking them riddles or something.

Malthus

What's a "gem dragon"?

I suspect this is something after my time, D&D-wise.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

Savonarola

Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2009, 11:11:55 AM

Weird, neutral-aligned dragons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gem_dragons_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Gem_dragons

Knock yourself out.

How is it that certain monsters have an "Always Such-Such" alignment.  Do they lack free will and have predestined actions which correspond to a certain alignment; or is it biological and they have special neutral-evil glands that produce hormones that reward altruistically evil behavior?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

How does a gelatinous cube drop loot when killed? WHY ARE THERE NO PRIZES IN MY JELLO?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Savonarola on November 05, 2009, 11:21:32 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2009, 11:11:55 AM

Weird, neutral-aligned dragons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gem_dragons_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Gem_dragons

Knock yourself out.

How is it that certain monsters have an "Always Such-Such" alignment.  Do they lack free will and have predestined actions which correspond to a certain alignment; or is it biological and they have special neutral-evil glands that produce hormones that reward altruistically evil behavior?

The concept of alignment is bollocks, anyway. And if you're going to have it, all non-intelligent creatures shouldn't have one, or if they HAVE to have one, it should be True Neutral always.

Savonarola

Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2009, 11:28:51 AM

The concept of alignment is bollocks, anyway. And if you're going to have it, all non-intelligent creatures shouldn't have one, or if they HAVE to have one, it should be True Neutral always.

Aren't all non-intelligent creatures true neutral?  Even skeletons and zombies; which are animated by evil energy, are true neutral.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 11:22:50 AM
How does a gelatinous cube drop loot when killed? WHY ARE THERE NO PRIZES IN MY JELLO?

The gelatin falls out of it and it turns to liquid.

You got defective Jello; call Ralph Nader.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?