And we're back!

Main Menu

Is FOX News really that bad?

Started by Syt, October 30, 2009, 11:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: citizen k on November 03, 2009, 12:30:25 AM

Indeed.
There's an old saying in Texas, and maybe in Canadia too.  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can't get fooled again.

citizen k

Quote from: Fate on November 03, 2009, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: citizen k on November 03, 2009, 12:30:25 AM

Indeed.
There's an old saying in Texas, and maybe in Canadia too.  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can't get fooled again.

Ah yes, the Oracle of Crawford.  ;)

Syt

General thought: I increasingly feel that most news outlets should add "ZOMG!" or "WTF?" to their headlines to properly capture their style of reporting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2009, 11:33:41 PM
Not really.  If that was the case every president would be stifling the press since they aren't granting interviews everytime any news agency asks for one.
I think you're misunderstanding the nature of these interviews, thinking maybe they're requests for admin staffers to appear on FOX, or other media.

My understanding of the process is that these are the regular interviews given by White House staffers to the Washington Press Pool. The pool of reporters stationed in Washington from around the nation. NOT requests by media outlets for staffers to appear on their networks or give interviews for news papers. The White House told the Washington media pool that they'd allow staffers, in this case the pay Czar, to do the interviews with which ever media outlet is in the rotation, but would exclude FOX. All the other media outlets said no, that they wouldn't go along with that, and that all media should be included. The Obama admin then gave in on the issue. As I said, I applaud the media on this, since if one could be singled out then next time it could be another media, or another administration, Republican perhaps.