NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2009, 09:31:34 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on September 02, 2009, 09:23:58 AM
*bump*

crazy off season.

so who will win the Coyotes auction on September 10th? NHL, Balsilie or Ice Edge?

Balsilie would win if it was based on rational economics.  Instead the NHL seems to be obsessed with trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix even though they are neither competitive nor profiteable and will probably legally block him and buy the team for far less than what he is offering.
Well, the Commish would lose a lot of face if the Phoenix team moved, wouldn't he?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: PRC on September 02, 2009, 09:47:19 AM
Canucks have made some all right depth signings for their D.

And the Players Union appears to be as stupid as ever by firing Paul Kelly for not being "confrontational" enough with the league.

crazily, they used Buzz Hargrove to investigate Kelly. wtf?
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2009, 09:54:00 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2009, 09:31:34 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on September 02, 2009, 09:23:58 AM
*bump*

crazy off season.

so who will win the Coyotes auction on September 10th? NHL, Balsilie or Ice Edge?

Balsilie would win if it was based on rational economics.  Instead the NHL seems to be obsessed with trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix even though they are neither competitive nor profiteable and will probably legally block him and buy the team for far less than what he is offering.
Well, the Commish would lose a lot of face if the Phoenix team moved, wouldn't he?

but he loses more face by digging in his heels, and then offering to move them, just in case they still cannot find a qualified buyer, and thereby breaking the rink lease, within a year.

PRC

Canucks just signed Luongo to a 12 year deal.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: PRC on September 02, 2009, 11:33:12 AM

Does this mean he'll be traded on Mar. 15? :p I think these 10+ yr contracts are silly.
:p

Zoupa

It's just a way for GMs to fuck with the salary cap

saskganesh

Quote from: PRC on September 02, 2009, 11:33:12 AM

good deal. good term, good price. $64 million, which averages $5.5 a year.

saskganesh

Quote from: Zoupa on September 02, 2009, 12:40:15 PM
It's just a way for GMs to fuck with the salary cap

its ok. beats the alternative: unrestrained bidding and $80 million payrolls for the top teams.

Ed Anger

Theo Fleury comeback? MY PANTS ARE A DAIRY FACTORY
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PRC

Anyways it's obvious even now that the Canucks are favoured to win the Cup. 

Penguins were flash in the pan, I fear Detroit more.

Neil

The Canucks?  Too weak and cowardly.  They lack the courage to go all the way.  Detroit lacks the courage as well, but they have miles and miles of skill.

Somebody should probably start a new thread soon, since it is the 2010 season now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on September 19, 2009, 08:58:14 AM
The Canucks?  Too weak and cowardly.  They lack the courage to go all the way.  Detroit lacks the courage as well, but they have miles and miles of skill.

Somebody should probably start a new thread soon, since it is the 2010 season now.

You do it!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.