And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2009, 08:57:59 PM
Can't he just de-deadline his offer?

the opportunity is, the Dogs still do not have an owner. They will get one (August?), but the NHL will control the process. So I imagine he will submit a bid, and be declined.

humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2009, 08:54:39 PM
Haha suck it Canuckles!

No biggie.  The Coyotes will be bankrupt again next year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2009, 07:26:11 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2009, 08:54:39 PM
Haha suck it Canuckles!

No biggie.  The Coyotes will be bankrupt again next year.

NHL for America only, you traitor!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:12:04 PM

America (outside of the big hockey regions) ruins the NHL.  My opinion on this is well known.  The NHL used to be awesome prior to all the retarded southern American cities.

I am not going to stick up for throwing pearls at swine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2009, 03:17:29 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:12:04 PM

America (outside of the big hockey cities) ruins the NHL.  My opinion on this is well known.  The NHL used to be awesome prior to all the retarded southern American cities.

I am not going to stick up for throwing pearls at swine.

That's it, when i do make it down to Texas you better be wearing a cup! :angry:

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:19:00 PM
That's it, when i do make it down to Texas you better be wearing a cup! :angry:

I would use the one the Stars won if anybody in Texas noticed or cared that season.

Dude you live in Alaska you are hardly in a position to see what a total and absolute fail it is to have NHL teams down here.  No wonder the NHL is off TV and languishes on some obscure cable station.

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2009, 03:21:34 PM

Dude you live in Alaska you are hardly in a position to see what a total and absolute fail it is to have NHL teams down here.  No wonder the NHL is off TV and languishes on some obscure cable station.

I don't  doubt the failure of NHL in some southern cities, just saying there are cities here in US that they could move to :P

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:25:55 PM
I don't  doubt the failure of NHL in some southern cities, just saying there are cities here in US that they could move to :P

Fine by me.  Move a team back to Hartford.

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2009, 03:26:53 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:25:55 PM

Fine by me.  Move a team back to Hartford.
And Seattle & Portland

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:33:55 PM
And Seattle & Portland

What a freaking joke.  Washington and Oregon do not even play College Hockey.  At least have that going on first.

If those states were interested in Hockey there would be a Huskies Hockey team.

BuddhaRhubarb

That's a big difference between Canada (where real hockey players come from) and America. Who gives a fuck about college sports? No one in Canada. Which as far as hockey is concerned, is all that matters. That said the Memorial cup (Canadian College hockey's ultimate cup) is the hardest trophy to win in amateur sport, just like the Stanley cup is the hardest pro trophy to win. Hockey is Canadian. The rest of you are just wannabes.
:p

saskganesh

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2009, 03:54:45 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 16, 2009, 03:33:55 PM
And Seattle & Portland

What a freaking joke.  Washington and Oregon do not even play College Hockey.  At least have that going on first.

If those states were interested in Hockey there would be a Huskies Hockey team.

there is interest. long junior tradition. the NW has 5 teams in the WHL, the
toughest league in Major Junior.

the issues I believe are good rinks and good ownership. Ironically, Paul Allen, who owns the NBA Trailbreakers. put in a $100 million bid for the Coyotes last time they were sold (1999). He wanted to move them. I think his interest has faded since.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

The Habs sold to the Molson Family for what probably is way too much money (around 500 Millions US)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

We'll see how that works out.  I'm generally positive about the new ownership.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

GG was a good owner, the Molson should be better. This will be good. Except maybe for RDS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.