News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on June 07, 2009, 03:14:21 PM
OT, but there are now 4 separate groups looking to relocate/expand/acquire a second team for the GTA/southern Ontario.

Balsilie
Gaglardi ( ex Canuck's buyer)
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"
I don't know about the other two, but the 4th one there is a joke.

Still, it's understandable that Toronto would want to get a winning team, and the Leafs will never fit the bill.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

charliebear

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 07, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
didn't watch the game. wow. though. quite the collapse. hard to predict this seies. It's too late in the season for Hockey though. end itt asap plz.

I was just commenting the other night how nice it was to watch hockey while it was still light outside.  It's usually below zero, dark as all get-out with snow/ice howling outside.

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on June 07, 2009, 03:32:32 PM
OT, but there are now 4 separate groups looking to relocate/expand/acquire a second team for the GTA/southern Ontario.

Balsilie
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"

Still, it's understandable that Toronto would want to get a winning team, and the Leafs will never fit the bill.

gagliardi was a putative partner of the canucks new ownership, who wound up going it alone. he sued for breach of partnership, and lost. apparently, he is part of a group that wants to put a team in Vaughan. expansion apparently

The Argos owners are new, and emerged this weekend. they say they would keep the team in Phoenix, but given that the Bills moving into their territory, they have huge motivation to strengthen their position and so quietly relocate the NHL team within a few years.
humans were created in their own image

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: saskganesh on June 08, 2009, 08:55:43 AM

Balsilie
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"

gagliardi was a putative partner of the canucks new ownership, who wound up going it alone. he sued for breach of partnership, and lost. apparently, he is part of a group that wants to put a team in Vaughan. expansion apparently

The Argos owners are new, and emerged this weekend. they say they would keep the team in Phoenix, but given that the Bills moving into their territory, they have huge motivation to strengthen their position and so quietly relocate the NHL team within a few years.

The Bills are moving?  :( Sports are teh suck.
:p

Grey Fox

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 08, 2009, 11:16:20 AM

Balsilie
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"

To Toronto. :cool:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Balsilie
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"

they cut a  deal with Rogersmediaempire that sees a limited schedule or regular season and exhibition games at Skydome. its widely expected that once the patriarch who owns the Bills dies, Rogers will step up, buy the team and move it.

cheapest Bills-In-Toronto ticket is $99. double what they charge in Buffalo. the math gets even worse for good seats.

and that's why this will inevitably happen.

Neil

That's the worst goaltender interference penalty in the history of hockey.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

If they're moving it'll be across the lake to Toronto.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

The sports bar CB and I usually go to was packed, so we went to one of the local gay friendly bars.  We sat next to the gay friendly bar's women's softball team.  They took a surprising interest in hockey; though one of the women kept yelling "Touchdown" every time one of the teams would clear it to the other side.

I'm disappointed in the outcome but the Penguins played the better game.   Osgood had one heck of a game; I hope he does that well in game seven.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

:yeah:

One more game to destroy Evil!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2009, 11:46:34 AM

Balsilie
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"

To Toronto. :cool:

NFL in Canada. :ghey:

We already have football. Of course they won't be any more disappointing than the Leafs.
:p

charliebear

Neil

Besides, moving the Bills to Toronto would simply turn an honourable team with a noble history into a bunch of shitty has-beens, just like all Toronto sports teams.

saskganesh

Emery is now a Flyer.
Crawford  hired by Dallas.
Heatley demands a trade.
Lacroix in Colorado fires almost everybody not named Lacroix.

all intriguing,

Strix

Quote from: Neil on June 12, 2009, 08:32:03 AM
Besides, moving the Bills to Toronto would simply turn an honourable team with a noble history into a bunch of shitty has-beens, just like all Toronto sports teams.

Too late for that! It's going on a decade since the last time they made the playoffs.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher