Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

well so much for that sweep, Neil.
:p

jech

Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2009, 04:24:46 PM
Quote from: charliebear on June 01, 2009, 09:55:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2009, 04:37:55 PM
I don't think anybody is watching anymore.

Wanna bet?  Everyone here is watching it.  I was enjoying an outside dinner during the Chicago series, and could hear chearing drifting in from all over the neighborhood. 

We're still paying attention.
I'm sure Detroit is still watching, but nobody else is.

Yup. The Pens only managed to get 10,000 plus people to show up to watch the game on the big screen outside Mellon Arena last night. They had to close down a street to fit all the people. Pathetic showing.

Good call on the sweep dude. You know hockey.

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 05, 2009, 12:07:02 PM
well so much for that sweep, Neil.
Disgusting, isn't it?

Crosby must never win a cup.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Delirium

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 05, 2009, 11:43:48 AM
Then Torts might not have to use overpaid old timers instead of up & coming kids.

Not sure who you're referring to as overpaid oldtimers. If it's Gomez and Drury I disagree, you build teams around players like that. If it's Näslund (and before him Jagr), I'd probably agree.

More important point is that he does use the "kids" or lesser known players. Betts, Dubinsky, Orr, Staal, Roszival all have important minutes. Sjöström was a good add. Avery was a mistake, too much attention on his personality.

I think they need to add a high-profile defenceman to man the powerplay and a 30+ goal scorer that is not 40+ years old. They already know how to grind.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

PRC

Quote from: Delirium on June 06, 2009, 03:15:33 AM
Not sure who you're referring to as overpaid oldtimers. If it's Gomez and Drury I disagree, you build teams around players like that. If it's Näslund (and before him Jagr), I'd probably agree.

More important point is that he does use the "kids" or lesser known players. Betts, Dubinsky, Orr, Staal, Roszival all have important minutes. Sjöström was a good add. Avery was a mistake, too much attention on his personality.

I think they need to add a high-profile defenceman to man the powerplay and a 30+ goal scorer that is not 40+ years old. They already know how to grind.

The Rangers have a classic legacy of hiring past their prime useless players.  This goes back a decade plus.  Overpaid oldtimers is a Ranger truism.

Delirium

Yes, and my post tried to explain why that is only partly true these days.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

charliebear

They're saying Pavel Datsyuk will play tonight, but Dan Cleary will not. 

BuddhaRhubarb

Datsuyk was doing yoga on the ice in the warm up. Diva Much? Pavel?

Savonarola

They're already shooting off fireworks here or maybe it's gunfire; it's hard to tell in the D. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

charliebear

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 06, 2009, 06:52:54 PM
Datsuyk was doing yoga on the ice in the warm up. Diva Much? Pavel?

Stop it, you.  We like Pavel.

saskganesh

I think the pens will regroup, win game six in their own igloo, then march back in Joe Louis for game 7.  which will be awesome, whoever wins.
humans were created in their own image

BuddhaRhubarb

didn't watch the game. wow. though. quite the collapse. hard to predict this seies. It's too late in the season for Hockey though. end itt asap plz.

Delirium

I think Detroit pulled out Datsyuk out of a hat just in time to change the momentum of the series. I think Pittsburg could have won it otherwise. The Wings will take it in six, which coincides with my original prediction.

saskganesh

OT, but there are now 4 separate groups looking to relocate/expand/acquire a second team for the GTA/southern Ontario.

Balsilie
Gaglardi ( ex Canuck's buyer)
Argos ownership
"Toronto Legacy"
humans were created in their own image