News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 16, 2009, 12:30:45 PM
The only team left to cheer for is Chicago. Everyone else has a recent cup. I Never go for the favourites...
QFT  Here's to hoping. :ccr
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

charliebear

Quote from: Neil on May 16, 2009, 06:20:06 AM
Quote from: Cecil on May 16, 2009, 01:52:33 AM
Dont think Detriot is going to the finals. They dont look as strong this year. :(
Hard to say.  They certainly had troubles with Anaheim.  They'll be against a divisional opponent next round, and they're miles better than either of the East teams.

Yes, they did.  However, Anaheim is a more disciplined team than Chicago.  I don't see this series going past five games.

charliebear

Quote from: Delirium on May 18, 2009, 02:31:21 AM
Datsyuk is unbelievable.

I was hoping for Washington to make it to the finals.  I would love to see Datsyuk and Fedorov on the ice at the same time.

C.C.R.

Quote from: charliebear on May 19, 2009, 04:14:11 PM
I don't see this series going past five games.

If I were sick enough to bet against my favorite team I would say Detroit in six.  But, I'm not sick enough to do that & refuse to lose Faith...

:P

That being said, though, I think that tonight is a Must Win for the Blackhawks.  They played the Wings pretty tight for the first forty minutes Sunday before imploding & had some bad bounces throughout the game (Versteeg hitting a post, somebody else (Bolland?) having the puck bounce over their stick on a Tap-In pass from Havlat), and if they can keep from giving up 175 Odd-Man Rushes a game then I think they stand a chance.  Dunno.  We'll see.  I wish the Blackhawks well...

:ccr

C.C.R.

It's getting dark on The Pond...Mom's calling for dinner...NEXT GOAL WINS!!!

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

CB and I watched the game in a former speakeasy in the middle of Detroit's old Belgian ghetto.  The bar had severely misplaced priorities and did not cancel the band in spite of the Hockey Playoffs (:mad:)  So we watched the game to some Django style gypsy jazz.

I'm delighted by the outcome, of course, but the Hawks looked much better this time.  I thought they had the Wings number on more than one occasion in the third.  I'm interested to see how the series progresses as it moves on to Chicago.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

charliebear

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 19, 2009, 05:22:07 PM
Quote from: charliebear on May 19, 2009, 04:14:11 PM
I don't see this series going past five games.

If I were sick enough to bet against my favorite team I would say Detroit in six.  But, I'm not sick enough to do that & refuse to lose Faith...

:P

I know, sweetie.   :console:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

whatever. none of this is on my TV anyway. great business plan.
humans were created in their own image

HVC

Quote from: saskganesh on May 21, 2009, 11:43:46 AM
You wouldn't watch the commercials anyway :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Though I cheer for Detroit (in a much more rational than emotional way ;) ), the referees suck.  Detroit has way too many advantages, just as Pittsburgh did against the Caps.  Way to screw the game  :rolleyes:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Cable free TV is long dead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Hey, if TSN outbid CBC, why should the NHL give any consideration to the CBC?  Virtually everyone has cable, except for people too poor to afford the shit that gets advertised anyways.  Moreover, the NHL can afford to take the Canadian hockey market entirely for granted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.