And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Detroit is going to choke.

:unsure:  :P
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

saskganesh

fuck. CBC passed on the first two games of each series. which means no NHL broadcast (cable only) for 5 days.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Quote from: saskganesh on May 15, 2009, 05:33:52 PM
fuck. CBC passed on the first two games of each series. which means no NHL broadcast (cable only) for 5 days.

I guess it's time for you to rekindle your love for Sports bar in a different province.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on May 15, 2009, 05:33:52 PM
CBC is on their way out as a hockey network.  They've failed at every turn, and there's no real incentive for them to succeed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4rc-rmvEd8&e

From the East Coast to the West, the Leafs are the best.  :lol:

Syt

Is it me or are NHL athletes more likely to sport a beard than any other sports?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Strix

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
Is it me or are NHL athletes more likely to sport a beard than any other sports?

It's the playoffs.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Grey Fox

You mean you don't have a playoff beard? I'm starting to look like an Hobo here.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2009, 01:16:20 AM

You mean you don't have a playoff beard? I'm starting to look like an Hobo here.

Even though the Penguins are still in I don't really follow the NHL all too much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Delirium

I think that beard comment gave that away.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Cecil

Dont think Detriot is going to the finals. They dont look as strong this year. :(

Neil

Quote from: Cecil on May 16, 2009, 01:52:33 AM
Dont think Detriot is going to the finals. They dont look as strong this year. :(
Hard to say.  They certainly had troubles with Anaheim.  They'll be against a divisional opponent next round, and they're miles better than either of the East teams.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

The only team left to cheer for is Chicago. Everyone else has a recent cup. I Never go for the favourites...
:p

Delirium

Quote from: Neil on May 16, 2009, 06:20:06 AMHard to say.  They certainly had troubles with Anaheim.  They'll be against a divisional opponent next round, and they're miles better than either of the East teams.

If we look back to 2007, the Wings were knocked out by Anaheim in six hard-fought games, Ducks then going on to all but sweep the Senators. Last year, the work of knocking out the Ducks had already been done by the Stars, who were then beat pretty solidly by Detroit. This year, the Wings did it themselves, in seven.

I think the Ducks is the team that is the absolute worst match for Detroit in the entire league, I'm impressed with them beating Anaheim, people were saying they were having an off-year.

Strix

Hey Beeb!

Bettman stated he'd rather see the Coyotes end up back in Winnipeg than go to Southern Ontario.  :thumbsup:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher