News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

And it's a Detroit/Chicago Western Conference Final...

Neil

Detroit wins.  Excellent.  The West is certain to be a good match.  However, the East is in danger.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

So far, we could end up with the same finals then last year.

That's fun, we could have skipped this whole thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2009, 10:31:55 PM
:yeah:

Death to the Rival!
3 original 6 teams in the semi's would ahve been fun though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

HVC

Also, you shouldn't be mad at boston. Montreal was going to go out on the first round anyway.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

My sister is a huge Red Wings fan, so I'm hoping they get their little asses beat by Chicago.  :lol:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Delirium

Detroit won and Boston lost? Excellent news.

I predict Detroit in six and Pittsburg in seven.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Neil

You could tell Boston was going to lose that overtime period.  They had some good chances, but they started trying to be too fancy.  Ward got inside their heads, and he's really the only admirable thing about that Hurricanes team.

The result is that the West must win the cup this year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2009, 09:13:31 PM

I love repeats in the finals. Oilers/Islanders; Flames/Canadians. very memorable.
humans were created in their own image

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on May 15, 2009, 09:05:12 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2009, 09:13:31 PM

I love repeats in the finals. Oilers/Islanders; Flames/Canadians. very memorable.
This is true.