And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

PRC

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:32:20 PM
also, curse western games. i have to wake up in like 6 hours lol.

You should move to BC.  Eastern games are done by 7:00 PM.

HVC

congrats to Vancouver. Game two shall be very interesting, assuming chicago can stay out of the penalty box.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: PRC on April 30, 2009, 10:41:17 PM

Rains too mcuh :p
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

PRC

Hell of a game.  Canucks were dominating, Hawks came back and proved they can compete with them, and Canucks squeaked it out.  This will be a heart attack inducing series for me!

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:44:33 PM

PST is more than just BC. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2009, 10:47:42 PM
More than just BC... but also mostly BC.  :cool:

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2009, 10:47:42 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:44:33 PM

I like the cold, but the yukon is excessive. When i thought of moving west i thought of Alberta, but now their economy is tanking. Added to that outside of two cities there's nothing to do.

plus, your alberta chicks threads scared me away :lol:

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:38:54 PM
horrible fucking change

*edit* or was that not a change? that's even worse.

Really, really bad pinch by the defenceman.

crazy canuck

Really not sure what to make of the Hawks.  Two periods of really bad indisciplined boring hockey and then one period of skating.  Not sure if it was the Hawks waking up or the Canucks falling asleep after taking a dominating lead.

We will see in game two.  But it doesnt look like the Hawks have the same scoring threat the Blues had against Vancouver.  Every game in the Blues series was close in every period.  This one could have been a blow out if the Canucks got half their shots on net.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:52:14 PM
Added to that outside of two cities there's nothing to do.

I hope you were not including Edmonton in those two cities. 

C.C.R.

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:44:16 PM
congrats to Vancouver. Game two shall be very interesting, assuming chicago can stay out of the penalty box.

That was the story this game -- yeah, Chicago only gave up one PP goal, but all of that time on the PK tends to catch up with you after awhile.  The Canucks had the best of it tonight, but I'm confident that there's enough going on there where this is anybody's series...

:ccr

PRC

I like the cold, but the yukon is excessive. When i thought of moving west i thought of Alberta, but now their economy is tanking. Added to that outside of two cities there's nothing to do.

I live in Calgary right now so maybe I don't see the news that you get to read in the East but I wouldn't call Alberta's economy "tanking" especially compared to what I hear about Ontarios!  It ain't tanking here... yet... anyways. 

On the second note, i'll take Alberta chicks during Stampede weekend, but outside of that stretch, Vancouver owns.

HVC

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 30, 2009, 10:58:05 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2009, 10:44:16 PM

That was the story this game -- yeah, Chicago only gave up one PP goal, but all of that time on the PK tends to catch up with you after awhile.  The Canucks had the best of it tonight, but I'm confident that there's enough going on there where this is anybody's series...

:ccr
If i was welwood id start taking blood thinners to make sure i bleed. his face was like a magnet tonight :lol:

HVC

Quote from: PRC on April 30, 2009, 10:59:32 PM

I live in Calgary right now so maybe I don't see the news that you get to read in the East but I wouldn't call Alberta's economy "tanking" especially compared to what I hear about Ontarios!  It ain't tanking here... yet... anyways. 

On the second note, i'll take Alberta chicks during Stampede weekend, but outside of that stretch, Vancouver owns.
Tanking is stretching it. but IIRC their little stash is getting littler, and the price of oil won't by as high as it was for a long time.

And ya, ontario is hard hit.