News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2009, 10:23:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2009, 10:17:40 PM
But I'm not a Caps fan. :huh:

Fine <_<

:huh:

At this point I'm more emotionally invested in a Blue Bombers victory than I could ever be invested in the Washington Capitals.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2009, 10:48:40 PM
At this point I'm more emotionally invested in a Blue Bombers victory than I could ever be invested in the Washington Capitals.

After I cheered for Calgary during the 2004 finals to...

my blessing had nothing to do with them losing by the way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Strix

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 28, 2009, 09:29:08 PM
turns out
Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2009, 09:17:09 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 28, 2009, 09:13:25 PM
Harsh toke for the Devils. :face:

They were up 3-2. did they grasp defeat from the jaws of victory?

Turns out Brodeur is human. who knew?

It's the curse of Ron Francis!

The last time the Hurricanes lost a play-off series to the Devils it ended badly for Carolina. Stevens gave Francis and Willis concussions (basically ended the career of Willis) and pretty much disrespected the Hurrricanes at home.

Since than we have eliminated the Devils from the play-offs the last three times the teams have met!!! We just have Brodeur's number especially in Raleigh. We treat him like he was Josie Theodore.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

katmai

Pfft it's because the Devils let Scotty go, haven't won a series last two seasons. :contract:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Delirium

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2009, 10:17:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2009, 10:13:33 PM
Cheer on my Caps BB they have never won anything and are due. :contract:

But I'm not a Caps fan. :huh:

Anyways the CFL season starts in two months...

Once your team is eliminated you cheer thru Hate, for failure of the hated teams.

I can NOT believe the NHL is making me cheer for the Carolina Hurricanes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I just realized:  Every single decent team lost their series.  Now, all that's left is Washington and Chicago.

Well, Boston would be decent if Tim wasn't such a faggot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

nucks/hawks and pens/caps will both be excellent series.

I don't like the lag between rounds or the saturday afternoon games (... its summertime)
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

hehe, Caps have a guy named Semin.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: saskganesh on April 29, 2009, 07:27:15 AM
nucks/hawks and pens/caps will both be excellent series.

I don't like the lag between rounds or the saturday afternoon games (... its summertime)

Stupid NBC.

saskganesh

exactly. the other networks pay NHL $ for broadcast rights, while NBC doesn't; they have some sort of revenue sharing understanding, with no money up front.

If I ran CBC, TSN or Versus, I would be pissed.
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Quote from: saskganesh on April 29, 2009, 08:40:07 AM
exactly. the other networks pay NHL $ for broadcast rights, while NBC doesn't; they have some sort of revenue sharing understanding, with no money up front.

If I ran CBC, TSN or Versus, I would be pissed.

If I was the NHL, I'd be glad an American broadcast network was showing my games.

Grey Fox

They are, they shouldn't be.

The NHL doesn't need NBC.

I hate TSN2. :ultra:

Ed Anger

The NHL doesn't need NBC.

The NHL needs everything it can get if it wants to be in the American market outside the North.

Sure, I'd love it to be back on ESPN and Fox(without the stupid robots), but it isn't 1995 anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5_ZrSPQQDY&feature=related

Sigh.