Poland introduces chemical castration for sex offenders

Started by Syt, October 22, 2009, 02:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2009, 02:43:47 PM
You people have ruined television. Bring back JAG.
That's just terrible.  I guess watching the Bengals has ruined your sense of what is good and what is not.

I blame Akili Smith.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2009, 05:34:47 PM
That's just terrible.  I guess watching the Bengals has ruined your sense of what is good and what is not.

I blame Akili Smith.

David Klingler actually.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2009, 05:36:21 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2009, 05:34:47 PM

I blame Akili Smith.

David Klingler actually.
Boomer Esiason is still an ass.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on October 22, 2009, 04:19:20 PM
Also, we should mandate use of the sarcastic font: http://glennmcanally.com/sarcastic/

Because you are brain dead and missed the whole slew of attacks on Marty? :yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2009, 08:24:29 PM
Quote from: ulmont on October 22, 2009, 04:19:20 PM
Also, we should mandate use of the sarcastic font: http://glennmcanally.com/sarcastic/

Because you are brain dead and missed the whole slew of attacks on Marty? :yeahright:

Just missed the one attack, thanks.

ulmont

Martinus

Uhm this is last month news. I posted that last month when we were talking about Polanski, to show Polish government's hypocrisy in defending him.

Good job, Syt.  :rolleyes:

Martinus

QuoteThe former Polish justice minister Włodzimierz Cimoszewicz, who was the only lawmaker to abstain from the vote, warned during the parliamentary debate that a therapy forced upon a patient may infringe human rights.

LOL that's some stellar reporting right there. The guy is not even in the Parliament. It was a former health minister who voted against it.

Where do you take these news about Poland from, Syt? It's not the first time they have factual errors like this.

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on October 23, 2009, 02:25:56 AMGood job, Syt.  :rolleyes:

It was posted on German language news sites these days because the parliament had voted on it. I didn't recall your thread.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on October 23, 2009, 02:27:12 AMWhere do you take these news about Poland from, Syt? It's not the first time they have factual errors like this.

Deutsche Welle was the first English language source to pop up on this on Google News. In defence of the journalists I have to say if you deal with dozens of Polish names on a daily basis they start to look all alike.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote from: Ape on October 22, 2009, 02:18:40 PM
Starting to sound like Mooslem laws..... will the Poles starting to cut people hands when they steal as well?

Stupid.

Well, perhaps it is not clear from the article but this is for actual rape of a child, not for "statutory rape".

Either way, it is likely to be declared unconstitutional.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2009, 02:28:11 AM

It was posted on German language news sites these days because the parliament had voted on it. I didn't recall your thread.

It was in the Polanski's thread. :P

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on October 23, 2009, 02:31:57 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2009, 02:28:11 AM

It was in the Polanski's thread. :P

I stopped following that one a couple weeks ago. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould