And we're back!

Main Menu

Be careful what you post on Facebook

Started by Caliga, October 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 23, 2009, 05:42:32 PM
Quote from: Jaron on October 23, 2009, 05:19:36 PM
Whats this "we" shit, Meri? Arent you like assistant to the librarian or something?

Maybe she's the school's NEA union rep. That would make her the real power.  :D

Hehehe

My master teacher was the history chair/union rep. People came to her in the morning, it was like a scene from the Godfather.

It was like *whisper, whisper*

"Mmm..

This..This I cannot do."
Winner of THE grumbler point.

merithyn

Whats this "we" shit, Meri? Arent you like assistant to the librarian or something?

Uh.. no. I'm the Registrar, and one of the four people involved in hiring my replacement. They value my opinion on the matter since I have an idea of what the job entails.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 23, 2009, 05:42:32 PM

Maybe she's the school's NEA union rep. That would make her the real power.  :D

Unfortunately, we're not part of the NEA. We're just lowly CESP. :weep:

Jaron

Quote from: merithyn on October 23, 2009, 07:16:39 PM

Uh.. no. I'm the Registrar, and one of the four people involved in hiring my replacement. They value my opinion on the matter since I have an idea of what the job entails.

:rolleyes: When you become someone important, please do come back and let us know.

merithyn

Quote from: Jaron on October 23, 2009, 07:19:06 PM
:rolleyes: When you become someone important, please do come back and let us know.

Remember how unimportant that position is when you need your high school or college transcripts and the person you talk to has lost them. :)

Jaron

Quote from: merithyn on October 23, 2009, 07:21:20 PM
Quote from: Jaron on October 23, 2009, 07:19:06 PM

Remember how unimportant that position is when you need your high school or college transcripts and the person you talk to has lost them. :)

Yes, yes..

Or the secretary who "accidently" transfers my call to the wrong department..

or the burger flipped who "accidently" forgets my fries..

You have the power. whoop whoop.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on October 23, 2009, 02:39:44 AM
Are you kidding me? Religious people are not hurtful to others? Most of the legislation that is hurtful to gays for example (opposition to gay marriage, opposition to anti-work-discrimination based on sexual orientation; opposition to anti-gay hate crime legislation; support for DADT) is rooted squarely in the religious views of the people. Same goes for rights of women etc.
Are you kidding me?  Bigots are more religious than non-bigots?  Most of the worst bigots were people who were rejecting religion along with everything else.  While bigots may claim that their views are rooted in their religious views, I'll bet you will find non-bigoted people in those same congregations, professing the same religious beliefs.

You, for instance, are bigoted against the religious, and this is not based on any religious view I have ever heard you trot out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Alcibiades

Marty is bigoted against a lot of people, he's a giant douche. 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 23, 2009, 07:39:45 PM

what the hell is your problem? No he isn't.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Jaron on October 23, 2009, 07:43:47 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 23, 2009, 07:39:45 PM

what the hell is your problem? No he isn't.

Yes he is.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jaron

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Pat

QuoteMost of the worst bigots were people who were rejecting religion along with everything else.

Honest question: It is quite common for Americans to mention atheism in the same breath as Hitler, especially among the younger variety. Is this something you teach children in schools in America?

Ed Anger

Quote from: miglia on October 24, 2009, 03:27:06 AM
QuoteMost of the worst bigots were people who were rejecting religion along with everything else.

Honest question: It is quite common for Americans to mention atheism in the same breath as Hitler, especially among the younger variety. Is this something you teach children in schools in America?

uh, no.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 24, 2009, 07:51:04 AM
Quote from: miglia on October 24, 2009, 03:27:06 AM

uh, no.

Don't lie, please.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.