News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Freedom Tower is now WTC 1

Started by DGuller, March 27, 2009, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on March 30, 2009, 08:21:47 AM
As far as i can tell, only you are yammering on about 1776 being somehow anti-British, as opposed to being the highest expression of British political ideals in opposition to a German monarch and his cronies.
George III was born in Britain, spoke English and never set foot in Hanover.  Then again, you're just the sort of guy who doesn't consider third-generation immigrants to be 'real Americans' either, are you?  Hearing you call katmai and Tim 'filthy Mexicans' is disgusting.  Maybe Louisiana should revolt, since their governor's dad was born in India.

You sir, disgust me.  :ultra:
Quote1776 and all that is something any Brit with a solid understanding of history should think a terrific thing, just as any American with a solid understanding of history is thankful that the two invasions of Quebec failed and Canada went on to become an independent nation.
Most Americans are concerned primarily with territorial aggrandizement, and thus bemoan the loss of the opportunity to conquer all of North America.

Besides, it would have been hillarious listening to the Quebecois whine as the Americans exterminated their culture.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on March 30, 2009, 09:47:01 AM
As far as i can tell, only you are yammering on about 1776 being somehow anti-British, as opposed to being the highest expression of British political ideals in opposition to a German monarch and his cronies.
George III was born in Britain, spoke English and never set foot in Hanover.  Then again, you're just the sort of guy who doesn't consider third-generation immigrants to be 'real Americans' either, are you?  Hearing you call katmai and Tim 'filthy Mexicans' is disgusting.  Maybe Louisiana should revolt, since their governor's dad was born in India.

Quote1776 and all that is something any Brit with a solid understanding of history should think a terrific thing, just as any American with a solid understanding of history is thankful that the two invasions of Quebec failed and Canada went on to become an independent nation.
Most Americans are concerned primarily with territorial aggrandizement, and thus bemoan the loss of the opportunity to conquer all of North America.

Besides, it would have been hillarious listening to the Quebecois whine as the Americans exterminated their culture.

They wouldn't whine.  Quebec would be like Louisiana if the US conquered it.  None of them would speak French.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on March 30, 2009, 11:05:57 AM
They wouldn't whine.  Quebec would be like Louisiana if the US conquered it.  None of them would speak French.
They would have whined initially.  Then the Americans would have deported them or slaughtered them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

:lmfao: Coming from you that's rich.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

syk

George III was born in Britain, spoke English and never set foot in Hanover.  Then again, you're just the sort of guy who doesn't consider third-generation immigrants to be 'real Americans' either, are you? 
That's a very German attitude.  ^_^