Did your opinion of Canada changed over the last 3 years?

Started by viper37, October 19, 2009, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did your opinion of Canada changed over the last 3 years?

My opinion of Canada is lower than it was before
5 (10.4%)
My opinion of Canada is higher than it was before
14 (29.2%)
My opinion of Canada is the same as it ever was
29 (60.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Barrister

I feel sorry for all you yanks whose only impression of Canada is based on southern Ontario. :console:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2009, 04:00:30 PM
I feel sorry for all you yanks whose only impression of Canada is based on southern Ontario. :console:

They miss out on the cultural experience of imprisioning drunken natives?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2009, 04:02:14 PM

They miss out on the cultural experience of imprisioning drunken natives?  ;)

Yes.  That's exactly what I had in mind.  How did you know.  :mellow:

MadImmortalMan

Would you rather it was Quebec?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 19, 2009, 04:16:29 PM

Would you rather it was Quebec?  :P

Northern Quebec?  Sure.   :Canuck:

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2009, 04:05:41 PM
Yes.  That's exactly what I had in mind.  How did you know.  :mellow:

Just a lucky guess.   ;)

Seriously though, no need to bash southern Ontario. Objectively it lacks the rugged beauty of, say, the Rockies, but it has its own charms - particularly on display in fall, with the leaves turning.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2009, 05:00:39 PM
Meh.  What does Cal have against Pearson?

He was a Liberal, and he defeated Diefenbaker. :ultra:

CountDeMoney

My opinion of Canada has dropped substantially, mainly due to Canadian posters on Languish.  And you know who they are, because they've dropped your opinion of Canada as well.

CountDeMoney

You should feel sorry for us Yanks whose only impression of Canada is based on you, Neil and Grey Fox.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2009, 05:37:14 PM

You should feel sorry for us Yanks whose only impression of Canada is based on you, Neil and Grey Fox.

What about those whose impression is based on HVC, Crazy Canuck, Malthus and Josephus?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 19, 2009, 05:41:37 PM

What about those whose impression is based on HVC, Crazy Canuck, Malthus and Josephus?  :huh:

Don't even get me started on those assholes.

Barrister

I do.

Because you'll be so disappointed to realize that instead of people like the three of us, Canada is instead full of people like saskganesh and buddharhubarb.   :(

katmai

Thankfully my impressions of Canada aren't just based on Languishites or I might agree with Seedy.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son