Father, son, rape daughters/sister in Austr ... err ... Italy.

Started by Syt, March 27, 2009, 09:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Fun for the whole family!
Father arrested for incest
QuoteROME - NEWS reports say Italian police have arrested a man and his son for allegedly sexually abusing their respective daughters over three decades on the outskirts of Turin.

Italy's Rai state TV and private broadcaster Sky say the 63-year-old man is accused of abusing his daughter for 25 years, starting when she was nine.

The reports cite prosecutors as saying they believe the man's 41-year-old son also abused his sister and then later his own four daughters, who are aged between 6 and 20.

Rai says police were alerted to the case by the initial victim.

No one was immediately available at police headquarters in the northern Italian city late o Thursday. -- AP

Well, the chance of being abused by a relative is, of course, much higher than the risk of rape by a stranger. However, that seems to play only a very small role in the public debate about kiddiefuckers and protecting children.

Pedos and terrorists today are what Commie Spies were in the 1950s.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

:yes:

Because most people get their "facts" from Hollywood movies/the media, they only think of rape in the context of a total stranger, usually a black dude. <_<
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

There is a trial of a guy who raped his daughter for years happening in Poland right now, too.

Good to see all these god-fearing Austrian, Italian and Polish catholics showing us godless homos what true family values are about.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2009, 10:04:36 AM
:yes:

Because most people get their "facts" from Hollywood movies/the media, they only think of rape in the context of a total stranger, usually a black dude. <_<
The majority of all child abuse cases is perpetrated by some family member (or similar person, e.g. a step father) close to the child.

Martinus

QuoteWell, the chance of being abused by a relative is, of course, much higher than the risk of rape by a stranger. However, that seems to play only a very small role in the public debate about kiddiefuckers and protecting children.
Because that doesn't buy votes or fit neatly into the nice worldview of the conservatives. It is much easier to target gay teachers and the like, since they are vulnerable and easily isolated scapegoats.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2009, 10:54:21 AM
The majority of all child abuse cases is perpetrated by some family member (or similar person, e.g. a step father) close to the child.

I'm pretty sure that's what Cal was talking about. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2009, 10:54:21 AM

Or a child care provider like a day care center employee.  There is a weird effect though: once a kid becomes sexually abused they seem to attract sexual predators like a magnet but the first sexual abuse is almost always somebody who was supposed to be caring for the child.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2009, 10:56:06 AM
Because that doesn't buy votes or fit neatly into the nice worldview of the conservatives. It is much easier to target gay teachers and the like, since they are vulnerable and easily isolated scapegoats.

Do people still say this about gays?  My understanding is the conservatives were concerned that having gays around would 'normalize' homosexuality for kids and would not ensure they properly see it as evil and against nature.  I have not heard the hysterics over gays being pedophiles in a long time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

But on the other hand a friend of mine is gay and was accused of child abuse and damn he was in a really shitty spot since the jury would have been conservative locals who would have wanted to string him up.

Fortunately the kid later admited he made it up.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2009, 10:59:17 AMonce a kid becomes sexually abused they seem to attract sexual predators like a magnet

:unsure:

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2009, 10:56:06 AM
QuoteWell, the chance of being abused by a relative is, of course, much higher than the risk of rape by a stranger. However, that seems to play only a very small role in the public debate about kiddiefuckers and protecting children.
And are actually pedophiles, like all homosexuals.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2009, 11:09:32 AM
:unsure:

I cannot really explain it but I would take the boys out to a water park or something and invariably one of them would get propositioned by another kid.  It would blow me away but I was told that they just seem to find each other.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on March 27, 2009, 09:57:58 AM

Well, the chance of being abused by a relative is, of course, much higher than the risk of rape by a stranger. However, that seems to play only a very small role in the public debate about kiddiefuckers and protecting children.

There is good reason for this. People who *are* parents will quite naturally underrate the danger *they themselves*, or their own family members,  pose to their own children, because what frightens them is dangers over which they have no control, and which are thus the most terrifying.

Similarly, the greatest source of real danger in a trip to the beach is probably the drive there, not sharks in the water - but the unfamiliar (but tiny) danger of shark attack is much more frightening than the ever-familiar (but great) danger of a car accident.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Malthus (as he often does) makes an astute observation. :)

It's the same reason people are so afraid of plane crashes.  :contract:

In conclusion, humans are illogical and irrational.