Father, son, rape daughters/sister in Austr ... err ... Italy.

Started by Syt, March 27, 2009, 09:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 28, 2009, 12:22:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2009, 09:47:04 PM
:unsure: I've never heard that before, I have read the opposite though.

You have heard that crime has gone down because of legalized abortion?  Pretty sure there is no connection between the two.

The article's argument was that most abortions were carried out by poor/unwed mothers and that their children would have been more likely then the general population to engage in crime. Roe v. Wade was thus credited with the falling crime rate of the 90s since that's when the "missing generation" would have been coming of age. The report was slammed for being racist, the implication being that most of those poor unwed mothers were African-Americans.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

You have heard that crime has gone down because of legalized abortion?  Pretty sure there is no connection between the two.
It's one of the arguments made in Freakonomics I think.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

The Freakonomics dude demonstrated a statistical connection between legal abortion and declining crime.  He postulated that the decline was due to fewer unwanted children raised poorly or indifferently.

Syt

And here's Columbia joining the Axis of Incest.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/father-daughter-incest-case-rocks-columbia-2594876
QuoteA Colombian man accused of sexually abusing his daughter from a young age and fathering eight children with her was arrested, causing an outcry over the lack of child protection in the Andean nation.

Arcebio Alvarez, 58, was led away in handcuffs by agents from Colombia's attorney general's office after his daughter told police that he had abused her since she was a young girl.

Alba Nidia Alvarez, 35, from the central town of Mariquita, said an evangelical Christian pastor had convinced her to come forward about the alleged abuse.

"I took this decision according to the will of God, thanks to a pastor who prayed for me many times," she said in an interview with the daily newspaper El Tiempo. "That is what gave me the strength."

Alba Nidia's mother died when she was 5, leaving her under the care of her father, who has been branded "the monster of Mariquita" by the local press. The eight children are between the ages of 1 and 19 and have been placed under state care.

"This was happening day after day and no one did anything to stop it," local child rights activist Gilma Jimenez said.

The case recalls that of Josef Fritzl, the Austrian man sentenced this month to life in a secure mental unit for confining and raping his daughter for 24 years, fathering seven children with her and causing the death of his infant son.

Arcebio Alvarez was due to make his first court appearance later on Saturday.

Child welfare authorities have called for a sentence of life in prison should he be convicted, saying there are hundreds of thousands of child sexual abuse cases in Colombia that are not being prosecuted.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.