"I Got Into the Habbit of Paying for Boys" says French Minister, Still Popular

Started by Queequeg, October 12, 2009, 03:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2009, 11:57:32 AM
Well, riddle me this, Batman: if a male politician had sex with legal age male prostitutes in Thailand, and then wrote a book about it, would he be able to hold a ministerial position in the US federal government?

If the answer to this question is "yes", then indeed you are not puritanical prudes.

This is the sort of idiocy that leads to hyperbole.  Yes there is absolutely nothing between embracing going abroad to hire prostitutes as being excellent behavior for prominent officials and being a puritanical prude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2009, 12:02:51 PM
Well, riddle me this, Batman: if a male politician had sex with legal age male prostitutes in Thailand, and then wrote a book about it, would he be able to hold a ministerial position in the US federal government?

If the answer to this question is "yes", then indeed you are not puritanical prudes.

This is the sort of idiocy that leads to hyperbole.  Yes there is absolutely nothing between embracing going abroad to hire prostitutes as being excellent behavior for prominent officials and being a puritanical prude.

It's not about embracing. It's about disregarding private sex life of politicians as long as it is nothing illegal.

American are puritanical prudes not because they do not embrace and cherish gay prostitution tourism (I bet many Frenchmen don't either) but because stuff like this is important to them when it comes to electing their officials.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on October 12, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
I read this as "I got into Hobbits and paying for boys".

:P

What do you call a hobbit fancier? I must say I found Dominic Monaghan as Meriadoc quite hot.  :blush:

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2009, 12:05:19 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 12, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
I read this as "I got into Hobbits and paying for boys".

:P

Those furry feet really did it for him.

There is gay foot fetish slash fiction featuring hobbits on the internet. So I've heard. :whistle:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
It's not about embracing. It's about disregarding private sex life of politicians as long as it is nothing illegal.

American are puritanical prudes not because they do not embrace and cherish gay prostitution tourism (I bet many Frenchmen don't either) but because stuff like this is important to them when it comes to electing their officials.

Well the context is important.  We elect all sorts of officials who are well known to sleep with alot of people and so forth.  What kills them is when they cheat on their spouses (that is just a recipe for disaster as everybody who has ever been cheated on will start breathing fire) or does something illegal like that Spitzer guy.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2009, 12:09:57 PM

Well the context is important.  We elect all sorts of officials who are well known to sleep with alot of people and so forth.  What kills them is when they cheat on their spouses (that is just a recipe for disaster as everybody who has ever been cheated on will start breathing fire) or does something illegal like that Spitzer guy.

Here we go again. Well again look at the French. Their president cheated on his wife and then married his lover. Stop being such prudes.

BuddhaRhubarb

They have "legal age" prostitutes in Thailand? :unsure:  I thought that would have been the retirement age. At least according to the Tv News. They wouldn't lie to me would they?
:p

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2009, 12:11:43 PM
Here we go again. Well again look at the French. Their president cheated on his wife and then married his lover. Stop being such prudes.

Sorry I generally consider cheating on your spouse one of the mose pathetic and loathsome things you can do.  At least get a divorce first, it is not like it is hard.

Malthus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 12, 2009, 12:15:14 PM
They have "legal age" prostitutes in Thailand? :unsure:  I thought that would have been the retirement age. At least according to the Tv News. They wouldn't lie to me would they?

About now is when Disturbed Pervert shows up and hits you with a rubber mallet.   ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

Thai prostitutes of whatever age may well have been trafficked or otherwise subject to some form of compulsion, so yes, I think someone who regularly engages in such "tourism" suffers from a character defect which may legitimately be considered in evaluating that person's suitability for public office.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Don't you think that pounding public orifice prepares you for holding public office?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2009, 12:02:51 PM

I don't know about France, but in this country having paid sex with underage prostitutes is illegal and can be prosecuted here, even if the acts took place in another country.

So it is about potentially illegal acts.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Oh, I missed this when it first came up.  No wonder he was so quick to defend Polanski.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.