News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Vince, March 10, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Why is the league investigating an incident between two coaches?  I guess I understand the cops getting involved if it could be an assault case but the league should leave it alone, IMO.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on August 23, 2009, 11:14:07 AM
Why is the league investigating an incident between two coaches?  I guess I understand the cops getting involved if it could be an assault case but the league should leave it alone, IMO.
Wouldn't the league investigate a fight between two players that landed one in the hospital if it was believed that the team wouldn't do anything about it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

The new Commish is aggressive with behavior issues.  I'm sure he'd get involved if Al Davis punched Jerry Jones.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2009, 11:20:37 AM
Wouldn't the league investigate a fight between two players that landed one in the hospital if it was believed that the team wouldn't do anything about it?

Probably, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.  Also for some reason it feels different to me when it is 2 coaches instead of 2 players, can't quite pinpoint why though.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on August 23, 2009, 11:35:43 AM
The new Commish is aggressive with behavior issues.  I'm sure he'd get involved if Al Davis punched Jerry Jones.

I bet he would; do you think he would get involved when Jerreh beat Al to death with his own motorized scooter though?

Strix

I doubt it providing nothing illegal occurred and/or no charges were pressed.

I don't remember the league issuing any statements when Steve Smith attacked Ken Lucas and broke his orbital socket (or when he broke Bright's nose several years earlier) in training camp.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

sbr

Quote from: Strix on August 23, 2009, 12:30:43 PM

I don't remember the league issuing any statements when Steve Smith attacked Ken Lucas and broke his orbital socket (or when he broke Bright's nose several years earlier) in training camp.

Nor when Romanowski broke a teammate's face, as mentioned in the article.

Ed Anger

I see the Ravens picked up Nader Abdallah. Good to see Ohio State folks end up somewhere. If he lasts there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 23, 2009, 02:15:00 PM
I see the Ravens picked up Nader Abdallah. Good to see Ohio State folks end up somewhere. If he lasts there.
That's a tough team to make it on as a D lineman, what with Ngata, Gregg, Pryce, McKinney, Bannan and Edwards.  If he lasts, it'll be because he can play on the end.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Only seven minutes to the start of the LFFL draft.  One that will result in my victory.

Alcibiades

Can't seem to connect to the live draft.  Trickery by you Neil?

What kind of name is Neil by the way?  Really don't like it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Strix

Quote from: Neil on August 23, 2009, 03:53:46 PM
Only seven minutes to the start of the LFFL draft.  One that will result in my victory.

It's a hollow victory without my participation. It makes you the Tommy Maddox of Languish. Sure you can win the Championship and be the MVP but it's only the XFL.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

jimmy olsen

The team suspended Smith didn't it?

Taglibue was in charge for the 2nd.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

callmeclemens

I'm surely it would vary from team to team as a PR thing, and lets face it do we think raiders fans really care?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 23, 2009, 03:58:31 PM
Can't seem to connect to the live draft.  Trickery by you Neil?

What kind of name is Neil by the way?  Really don't like it.
I couldn't get into it either. It would just load and load and load. <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point