Careers you dreamed about doing but were too afraid to try?

Started by Martinus, October 09, 2009, 03:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 13, 2009, 09:30:08 PM
well I never said you should do what you want without making a serious effort to understand what it entails, and taking it seriously in general. If you are flippant about it, you're doomed to fail in the first place.
It's unclear to me how well most of the folks to which I am referring planned things out.  I would suspect people are always going to claim they are better prepared than they really are.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

BuddhaRhubarb

sure. I know a number of people who opened cafes/restaurants over the years because they thought it would be "fun". How wrong they were. (or at least were unprepared for the hard work aspect.) The ones who couldn't enjoy the actual work failed quickly and miserable.

I've had jobs I grew to enjoy like ESL Teacher, but I grew weary of having to teach children. Much different than teaching adults, which I found comfortable and enjoyable.
:p

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 13, 2009, 08:43:01 PM
wow what a cynical bunch. Nobody here has a career doing something they like doing? weird.

I do, though I'm growing to hate the environment I'm doing it in.