Careers you dreamed about doing but were too afraid to try?

Started by Martinus, October 09, 2009, 03:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

BuddhaRhubarb

Personally I've dabbled in all the careers I've dreamed about, dipped my toes in so to speak. Most of them were disappointing.
:p

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 09, 2009, 04:49:52 PM
So what did J-Dawg do? I apparently missed something.

Deleted the sub-forum he was in charge of. (while me & others were posting on it or trying to.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

It was pretty funny. KAPLand was a whacky Crunchtastic place. My first forum actually. so I learned my posting style from the gods of KAPland.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Slargos

Nothing. What kept me from my career of choice was physical disability or more precisely, myopia.

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on October 09, 2009, 05:25:28 PM
Nothing. What kept me from my career of choice was physical disability or more precisely, myopia.

Didn't know that being an SA stormtrooper required good eyesight.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on October 09, 2009, 05:29:46 PM
Quote from: Slargos on October 09, 2009, 05:25:28 PM

Didn't know that being an SA stormtrooper required good eyesight.

Well, I don't know that it does, really. It's one of those things you can assume by inference though.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 09, 2009, 03:23:58 PM
National Park Ranger.

A co-worker my dad clerked with at the FBI back in the early '60s went that route.  They gave him a rifle, a horse and trailer and a truck to haul it with, and sent him to Yellowstone.
To this day, one of the only men my Dad ever knew that actually did what he wanted to do with his career.

Malthus

Sculptor.

Academic.

Actually, I sorta tried both. What I was afraid of, was eternal poverty and dependency.  :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius