What temperature do you set your heating to (or air con if you're somewhere hot)

Started by Brazen, October 08, 2009, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Too many options to poll-ise. It's clocks-back heating-on time of year. What do you have yours set to?

Mine's 20 degrees C (about 68F), because that's room temeprature  :nerd:

This means it only comes on for a few minutes a day this time of year. As the thermostat's in the living room, mid-winter I sometimes have to zap it up a few degress to get the rest of the flat warm before knocking it back.

Caliga

Usually 72F.  This time of year we need neither heat nor cooling, normally.  But this has been an unusually cold year so we actually have the heat on late at night sometimes now.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Agelastus

21 deg. C here. I'm considering resetting it to 22, though (I LIKE the warm, although in these energy conscious days I guess that makes me  :menace:.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

I don't have one of those fangled new temperature control thingys here.
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

18-19C. I don't like it when it's too hot indoors.

Which is funny, because there's little I like more than a really sweltering summer day.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 07:00:49 AM
Which is funny, because there's little I like more than a really sweltering summer day.
Given where you live, that's like what.... 23C? :P

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2009, 07:02:52 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 07:00:49 AM
Given where you live, that's like what.... 23C? :P

Trondheim will get upwards of 30C in the sun on a good summer. Gulfstream ensures relative warmth.

Though realistically, 25C is generally a scorcher, yes.

I enjoyed Texas immensely when I was there.

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 07:06:33 AM
Where in Texas were you?  Saying "I enjoyed Texas" generically is like me saying "I enjoyed Europe" ^_^

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2009, 07:08:02 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 08, 2009, 07:06:33 AM
Where in Texas were you?  Saying "I enjoyed Texas" generically is like me saying "I enjoyed Europe" ^_^

A fair point.

I will have to get back to you on that as we swept through texas in a real hurry which was a damned shame.

Edit: Looking at a map, I believe we passed through Houston and San Antonio as we took a rather southern route before heading into New Mexico. I BELIEVE we stopped off in Juarez (edit #2 or actually el paso, we never went into mexico though we DID get stopped by immigration and had a hell of a time).

Caliga

Yeah, my real point is that summer in Beaumont, Texas for example is drastically different than summer in El Paso.

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2009, 07:10:19 AM
Yeah, my real point is that summer in Beaumont, Texas for example is drastically different than summer in El Paso.

I got it. I just had to stop and think.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2009, 06:41:05 AM
But this has been an unusually cold year so we actually have the heat on late at night sometimes now.  :(

EL NINO!

Or something.

Iormlund

27º C is cool enough for me during the summer. I rarely use heating during winter (though my PC is always on and temps outside don't get below 0º C that often).

Ed Anger

Also, you know what else bugs the living shit out of me? Fucking tree huggers telling me to set the thermostat down. FUCK THE EARTH.

When I take my 6am piss, I want to be WARM.