Useless poll of the week aka Ed's useless halloween thread aka the baking thread

Started by Ed Anger, October 06, 2009, 12:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which candy should I give out for Halloween?

Snickers
6 (8.3%)
Kit-Kat
11 (15.3%)
Milky Way
2 (2.8%)
Three Musketeers
3 (4.2%)
Resse's Cups
12 (16.7%)
Buy all of the above
10 (13.9%)
Caramel Candy Apples with razor blades inside
3 (4.2%)
Americans are fat
14 (19.4%)
I hate that your holidays are in my country
7 (9.7%)
Other whiny option
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 07, 2009, 07:39:32 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 06, 2009, 05:53:33 PM
I forgot about those Hershey miniatures. :headslap:

Except those dark chocolate ones. What kind of retard kid likes dark chocolate?
Are you crazy? Dark chocolate is the best.
Your sex fantasies have no place in Halloween perv.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on October 07, 2009, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2009, 04:41:51 PM
The two rightiest right-wingers on Languish are race traitors.

Hans and who else?

Der Spiess probably.
I was wondering who he partnered with Fireblade. Fate is too much a troll to be a top partisan hack. Raz doesn't use that word much, Minsky not at all.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 07, 2009, 07:57:28 PM
Der Spiess probably.
I was wondering who he partnered with Fireblade. Fate is too much a troll to be a top partisan hack. Raz doesn't use that word much, Minsky not at all.
Yes on Speesh.  I partnered Show Me Da Money with Fireblade.  A little poetic license, not that much.

Liep

Kit Kat or Snickers, Milky Way's too sweet and I don't know the two others. Also, you're all fat and I hate your holiday invasions. Let your candy stay, though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Capetan Mihali

Last year, I was totally unprepared.  No costume and no candy for the 'treaters.  Ended up running to the corner bodega at nightfall and buying 25 of their loosie "Now or Laters" for about 5 bucks.   <_<

No kids knocked on the door, naturally.  And I was stuck with all the candy.  In case you don't know about "Now or Laters," they are best eaten neither now nor later but never.  Rock hard pieces of gummy sugar garbage.   :(

This year I'll have something ready, since I anticipate at least a few kids.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

PDH

Halloween at 7200 feet is not usually a great evening for the kids.  Here, they have the merchant's candy giveaway downtown that the kids do while still light out.  Later, a few will show up, dressed in massive down suits over whatever costume they possess, to ask for candy, but very few.

Oh, usually Halloween is marked by an ice storm...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

BuddhaRhubarb

we won't be having the "Parade of Lost Souls" that we usually have on our street, this year. :( It's gotten really big as an event: 35,000 plus ghouls etc last year. So they are taking a year to find some corporate sponsors as our Premier has cut anything even vaguely popular in the arts or entertainment. Politicians continue to get raises and land developers get to keep plunging Vancouver into endless Olympic debt however.

BTW has anyone else noticed that Halloween hasn't really been for kids in many years?
:p

garbon

In SF, Halloween started being about kids getting shot, so they shut it down. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: PDH on October 08, 2009, 12:45:06 AMHere, they have the merchant's candy giveaway downtown that the kids do while still light out.

I was at my parents for halloween back in the early 2000s and it seemed like it was all over by nightfall.  When I was a kid I never went out while it was still light out.  And all I ever got in my bag was poison snickers and feces brownies.

Caliga

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 08, 2009, 01:36:04 AM
BTW has anyone else noticed that Halloween hasn't really been for kids in many years?
Today's generation of helicopter parents are terrified to let their kids out of their sight.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on October 08, 2009, 09:51:57 AM
Today's generation of helicopter parents are terrified to let their kids out of their sight.
But how else will kids learn the value of extortion?  :(

Tonitrus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 06, 2009, 07:07:33 PM
Reese's because they'll get all squished by other candy at the bottom of the bag. Also PB & chocolate makes everyone happy.

I've had two female friends who hate chocolate with peanut butter (to be fair, one just hates peanut butter).  But they are HOTT, so I forgive them.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Ed Anger

Devil's Night tonight. I am placing the compound on Red Alert. Fucking teenagers.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive