Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 10:04:45 AM
That often happens to my main (mage) and Morrigan due to the massive aggro they typically draw.

By the way a game breaking tactic is to draw agro then force field yourself.  The monsters will happily hack away at you fruitlessly while your companions slaughter them.  It is the ultimate cheese though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Got to the last series of fights. 

[SPOILER]
I'm wasting general #1 tonight, maybe #2 if I have time.If I don't use any of my allies for either of these battle, can I still use them for the final one?
[/SPOILER]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 25, 2009, 04:23:20 PM
Got to the last series of fights. 

[SPOILER]
I'm wasting general #1 tonight, maybe #2 if I have time.If I don't use any of my allies for either of these battle, can I still use them for the final one?
[/SPOILER]

Yes. You can also reuse them if they are not killed.

Essentially, you can deploy one type of troop on the battlefield at a time. If you complete the area with some of the troops still alive, they go back to the "pool" and you can deploy them again in another area (including the final battle). You can also deploy new type of troops once the ones currently deployed are all dead. What you cannot do, however, is to "withdraw" the troops on the battlefield to deploy a different kind - you need to wait for them to be dead first.

Jaron

Just as a warning though your allies are useless for the last fight, especially the dwarves. Use them in the battles beforehand.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on November 25, 2009, 04:31:08 PM
Just as a warning though your allies are useless for the last fight, especially the dwarves. Use them in the battles beforehand.

Disagree. Golems were very useful for me.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Okay, mostly avoiding this thread, but now I have to ask:

how do I defeat the zombies in Redcliffe?

I may have made a mistake by making this one of the first places I went after leaving the village, so I'm still fairly low level (7) and I don't have any kind of AOE skills.  So while I can easily defeat the first group, once I go down  to the town itself I wind up being overwhelmed.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 25, 2009, 06:00:28 PM

I may have made a mistake by making this one of the first places I went after leaving the village, so I'm still fairly low level (7) and I don't have any kind of AOE skills.  So while I can easily defeat the first group, once I go down  to the town itself I wind up being overwhelmed.

Yeah I just focussed my attacks and had Wynne stand in the back and heal.  Since you do not have Wynne does Morrigan have any healing spells?  Make sure you are stocked up on healing poultice things and focus all damage on one at a time to take them down fast.

You cannot really use AoE in that fight anyway unless you want to blow up all the militia men to so don't worry about that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2009, 06:03:06 PM

Yeah I just focussed my attacks and had Wynne stand in the back and heal.  Since you do not have Wynne does Morrigan have any healing spells?  Make sure you are stocked up on healing poultice things and focus all damage on one at a time to take them down fast.

You cannot really use AoE in that fight anyway unless you want to blow up all the militia men to so don't worry about that.

So there's no trick to it then?  :(

My main has a bunch of healing spells.  Focused damage worked for awhile but eventually the militiamen all die, the zombies overrun my small group, and it becomes almost impossible.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the combat system.  I can leave the NPCs along to generally attack in an intelligent manner, but I constantly have to pause and control them to attack the right targets.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on November 25, 2009, 06:10:29 PM

My main has a bunch of healing spells.  Focused damage worked for awhile but eventually the militiamen all die, the zombies overrun my small group, and it becomes almost impossible.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the combat system.  I can leave the NPCs along to generally attack in an intelligent manner, but I constantly have to pause and control them to attack the right targets.

Have you done all the mini quests to prepare Redcliffe's defenses?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on November 25, 2009, 06:10:29 PM

Crowd control like cold spells and paralyze work well.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2009, 06:36:44 PM
Have you done all the mini quests to prepare Redcliffe's defenses?

Think so.  I got the elf to help, I found the flaming oil.  Decided not to lie to the guards about the trinkets.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister