Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Spoilers within.

Different Fade, it's in the Cricle Tower.

I did The Circle Tower first ( I wanted an Healer!). Except dialogue option, it doesn't seem like there's any difference if had let the Alessa die.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

[SPOILERS]
I wanted to kill that dumb trophy wife bitch, but I couldn't bring myself to do so even though I was trying to play the game as either evil or at best neutral and selfish.  That keeps happening in this game, actually... I had agreed to destroy the Urn for that cult guy but couldn't bring myself to do it once I actually reached the urn.
[/SPOILERS]
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Quote from: Berkut on November 23, 2009, 11:21:31 AM

I also chose to let the stupid wife of the Arl kill herself, rather than go mess around with the Mages Tower first - anyone done the Tower first, and seen if it makes much of a difference, plot wise?

I affects mostly your reputation with your companions.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2009, 11:26:36 AM
[SPOILERS]
I wanted to kill that dumb trophy wife bitch, but I couldn't bring myself to do so even though I was trying to play the game as either evil or at best neutral and selfish.  That keeps happening in this game, actually... I had agreed to destroy the Urn for that cult guy but couldn't bring myself to do it once I actually reached the urn.
[/SPOILERS]

I did that. I regretted it. Reloaded.

Still got the achievement.  :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2009, 03:15:01 PM
The fact is, you can't kill her unless...

Are you ever stupid.  People complain about you spoiling there fun by posting something about killing her and then in defending yourself you go on to explain more details about killing her.

Either you are intentionally setting out to spoil other people's fun or you are not intelligent to understand the concept of spoilers.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on November 23, 2009, 11:26:36 AM
[SPOILERS]
[/SPOILERS]

On the playthrough as my mage I really got annoyed by the bitch's constant whinging. Plus all of it is her fault really. So I was all too happy to let her bite the dust. Plus I wanted to learn Blood Magic so I went in and bargained with the demon - I let her come back and possess Connor again after 10 years in exchange for forbidden lore.

To be honest, I normally play like you (i.e. can't bring myself to do the bad stuff) but this time I travel with Morrigan, Sten and Zevran and they are pretty good as convincing me otherwise.

:P

Martinus

I also chose to let the stupid wife of the Arl kill herself, rather than go mess around with the Mages Tower first - anyone done the Tower first, and seen if it makes much of a difference, plot wise?

SPOILERS:

It affects 2 things as far as I can tell: 1) If you play as a mage and kill her and go into the Fade yourself, you can strike a deal with the demon and learn Blood Magic specialization for your mage (it also unlocks it for all mages in your group), and 2) If you kill her, you get -10 to relationship with Alistair (may be more if he is present - I got -10 while he was in a camp). I suspect Lellana wouldn't like it much if she was with you in the group either.

viper37

You get an approval bonus from some of your party members, including Allistair.  Later on, it can change some of your choices, I believe, and some of the attitude from other NPCs.

It's obviously not a gamebreaker, but I prefered going to the mage tower before.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on November 23, 2009, 01:31:04 PM
It's obviously not a gamebreaker, but I prefered going to the mage tower before.

And at the very least you get the benefit of all the stat gains earlier in the game.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 23, 2009, 01:31:04 PM
You get an approval bonus from some of your party members, including Allistair.  Later on, it can change some of your choices, I believe, and some of the attitude from other NPCs.

SPOILER:

You can go to Redcliffe up to the point you have to decide what to do with the boy, then leave, complete the mage tower and come back to Redcliffe with the mages. You don't need to do the mage tower before Redcliffe to be able to use mages to help the boy.

For the record, Morrigan liked me because I used Blood Magic, I think. :P

Solmyr

Spoiler about the urn:

You'll want to destroy it at least during one playthrough since it unlocks the Reaver specialization for warriors. You can reload afterwards of course. Also, if you agree to destroy the urn but then don't, you get both achievements for taking sides.

Martinus

You guys should choose the option of letting the other party members handle it when delivering the letters to mercenary widows.

My favourite lines so far:

Morrigan: Your man is dead. Get over it.

Oghren: So you know about this husband of yours? Dead. Sorry.

The Oghren's line reminded me of Titus Pullo for some reason. :D

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on November 23, 2009, 03:56:44 PM
You guys should choose the option of letting the other party members handle it when delivering the letters to mercenary widows.

My favourite lines so far:

Morrigan: Your man is dead. Get over it.

Oghren: So you know about this husband of yours? Dead. Sorry.

The Oghren's line reminded me of Titus Pullo for some reason. :D
Oh, hadn't tried with Oghren, only with Morrigan :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 23, 2009, 02:43:33 AM
If it's anything like WoW you'll take a couple years to play through. :contract:
:lol:  No comment.  I've gotten to the first little town after the battle and done some of the quests there!  Also, Morrigan and I seem to have a connection.  Already made out with her a bit, and I haven't done anything evil.  I don't think she's really that bad, she just doesn't understand human society and is terribly lonely.  Well, that's the theory I'm going with and it's working well so far.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Holy crapsicles!  Leliana is all kinds of jealous of Morrigan after we had a late night in my tent.  Damn!  I think I like Leliana more too.  Argh!

Just finished the Elf recruitment storyline.  I sided with the werewolves.  I'm kind of pissed I offed the one guy's wife before realizing I could cure her.  Also, I can't wait to be high enough level to rock my shiny new Juggernaut armor.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."