Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

Add me to the list.  Of course, considering I only got the game like 3 days ago I guess I might be able to be forgiven.  Maybe. :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: garbon on November 22, 2009, 02:29:29 PM
Anyway, Marty you are such a fucking cunt.
That's all you need to say.  Whether he's ruining threads or harassing people using the PM system, he's all low class, all the time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

The funny part is he blocked me for a week on msn because I accidentally gave him a minor spoiler.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on November 22, 2009, 07:17:07 PM
Add me to the list.  Of course, considering I only got the game like 3 days ago I guess I might be able to be forgiven.  Maybe. :rolleyes:

If it's anything like WoW you'll take a couple years to play through. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2009, 03:15:01 PM
The fact is, you can't kill her unless you kill her right when you meet her.

That's not true.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2009, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2009, 02:18:28 PM
The game has been out for weeks now, anyway. Most people have played it through back and forth. If you are a retard obsessed with obvious "spoilers", then get the fuck out of this thread.
I guess Syt, garbon and I aren't "most people".  I've still barely scratched the surface of this game.

:yes:

especially as I am having serious problems in the Fade when I do get around playing it.

Scipio

IMHO, hardest fight in the game is the Blood Mage mansion.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Okay, I am, as Marti says, "the fuck out of here" until I have finished the game.

Maybe we can start a Marti-free thread on the game?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

viper37

Quote from: Scipio on November 23, 2009, 08:26:06 AM
IMHO, hardest fight in the game is the Blood Mage mansion.
Well, you need to wait a little 'til you go there, so you have leveled up a bit and get a few more spells.  Blizzard works well, with lighting, with the hexes spell.

Actually, there's some places I had to revisit after I completed to level to finish it up, because otherwise, it was too tough.

The thing with the revenant and the liquid vials, wich is something like a 'codex' quest (no official quest appears in your journal), I couldn't do it at first.  Went back later on, and it was piss easy.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

In the future, for games such as there (i.e. Masse Effect 2 :D ) we will start a new thread with "SPOILERS" in the title, so we can post freely in it, and people that don't want game advice won't read it.  'Cause, for once, I'm kinda with Marty on this one, discussing the game and how we do such&such things without giving away spoilers, especially when some stuff have been discussed early on... well, that's a nightmare for us :D

Oh, and I don't really care about spoilers myself, but I will respect other people's wishes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

SPOILERS----

QuoteI have gathered my allies and gone to Denerim with the Arl of Redcliffe, after doing side quests came the time to confront Loghain during the Landsmeet.  I beat him and now my beloved Alistair has been made King.  Is there a way to kill the bitch Anora?

-----

Also my stats tell me I have explored 68% of the world but completed only 32% of the game...  That seems low now that I'm in Denerim...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Completion percentage is based on the achievements you have earned.

For you question, I have no idea. I haven't reach that part of the game yet.

Berkut

Spoilers:

So I just did the Redcliffe bit - or at least the first part, I guess.

I sent Morrigna into the Fade to rescue Connor - is that when I should have gotten a bunch of stat boosts, or is that in some other part of the game where you go into the Fade? Cause I didn't find any there, jsut some wimpy ass demons that I killed while half asleep. That was a bit anti-climatic.

I also chose to let the stupid wife of the Arl kill herself, rather than go mess around with the Mages Tower first - anyone done the Tower first, and seen if it makes much of a difference, plot wise?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned