Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 13, 2009, 10:33:05 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 12, 2009, 07:47:11 PM
Oh but if you take the grimoire from Flemmeth, she will eventually kill Morrigan. I want a happy ending, even for the feminazi bitch. :P
From a lead writer:
Insofar as Morrigan goes, if you're really dying to know the answer is there is no outcome where she remains by your side for a happily ever after. If you're romancing her, she very likely has warned you this would happen -- in fact, the more serious with her you become, the more reticent she gets because she knows what is coming.That may be disappointing, but she is who she is. I would suggest going through to the end and seeing how it actually plays out, but as with everything that is up to you.

So, it always ends badly.  From an hetero point of view, at least :P
[/]

Well yeah but I wanted my character to pretty much feel good in the "I did all I could" way (rather than "so she's dead now because I lied to her") - I don't intend to romance her anyway, so as long as she lives I'm fine.

Solmyr

About beating Flemeth, same tactics as with the High Dragon. Tank it, turn it away from the rest of the group. You definitely want to have a healer and tons of health and mana potions. Use preferably ranged dps.

Monoriu

What is dps?  I see this term all the time but I have no idea what it means.

BTW, every time Shale speaks, she/he/it reminds me of CdM  :D

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on November 13, 2009, 07:47:29 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 12, 2009, 10:28:07 PM
Local EB Games finally got it. :w00t:

Now usually in RPGs I play a hott chick character, since all you do is stare at your character's ass during the game.
Not an issue in this game.  These toons cannot look hott, and the girls and boys look the same from behind.

I think you're right.  For a first toon I went with a female elf mage  :blush: but she turned out much more cute than hott.

But I figured I'd play through 2-3 of the origins at least before deciding which toon I wanted to go with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 12, 2009, 10:28:07 PM
Now usually in RPGs I play a hott chick character, since all you do is stare at your character's ass during the game.

Why can't you stare at the NPC girls?  Do your eyes require you to only look at the part of the screen your PC is?

Anyway in this game you take three NPCs with you so you can safely look at your group and find a hott chick without having to play one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Yeah, Morrigan is not jealous about Zevran my ass.  :rolleyes:

After I killed Flemmeth and brought the grimoire to her (Shale with fire resist crystals ftw :P), she initiated a "sex" conversation herself, so I gave in. And then immediately the bitch goes about how she doesn't like me hanging out with Zevran so much. I proposed a threesome but she said she is not into it. So I said "I hope you are not really going to make me choose?" and she said "But yes I am". So she is single again. :D

I guess once she blows herself to pieces or something, me and Zevran can raise the baby. :P

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2009, 04:35:54 PM

I guess once she blows herself to pieces or something, me and Zevran can raise the baby. :P
She's not so different from any girl.  "Oh sure, I don't mind if you don't want me anymore, there's no commitment at all".  And then she's really pissed off when you dump her.  Ah, women.  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on November 13, 2009, 05:05:58 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 13, 2009, 04:35:54 PM

She's not so different from any girl.  "Oh sure, I don't mind if you don't want me anymore, there's no commitment at all".  And then she's really pissed off when you dump her.  Ah, women.  :P
And that is why Marti prefers to only deal with them in RPGs.

I'm not entirely convinced that he doesn't have the right idea!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

I am now traveling with Alistair, Morrigan and Zevran. Their constant banter is hilarious. Zevran wants to fuck them both. Morrigan considers them both fools. And Alistair is utterly disgusted.  :lol:

Btw, have you guys got the castle DLC? I got it and the quest is pretty cool if rather short, and you get a castle in the end. I hope they add more stuff to it, the way you could have a castle in NWN 2, in future DLCs.

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on November 13, 2009, 11:28:43 AM
About beating Flemeth, same tactics as with the High Dragon. Tank it, turn it away from the rest of the group. You definitely want to have a healer and tons of health and mana potions. Use preferably ranged dps.

I pretty much soloed her as Shale. Flemmeth ate my rogue and Alistair within 10 seconds from the time the fight began and Wynne survived by some dumb luck - but instead of her I could have just used potions. On the other hand, Shale was indomitable.

garbon

When I bought this today, the woman asked for my ID because she needed to check that I wasn't younger than 17. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I think over half of the Voyager cast were put to work in the game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Cecil

Quote from: Habbaku on November 14, 2009, 03:39:14 AM
I think over half of the Voyager cast were put to work in the game.

Yeah Tuvok is the elven mage in the Dalish camp I think.