Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2009, 02:50:41 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2009, 02:45:12 PM
Dear hod, that Fade maze bit is both tedious and boring. I guess I will need till the end of the week to get through that bit due to lack of enthusiasm.

Edit:  not to mention it is a huge stat bump fest.

Indeed it is.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Dear hod, that Fade maze bit is both tedious and boring. I guess I will need till the end of the week to get through that bit due to lack of enthusiasm.

Really?  I thought it was awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on November 09, 2009, 03:42:56 AM
Also, grallon, why would I make a character I'd want to have sex with, if I have Alistair? :P

He looks a lot like one of my fuck buddies too. Hott.  :blush:

I hate to break it to you but Alistair is completely hetero. :P

Also, I noticed that Arl Howe is voiced by Tim Curry. :wub:

Solmyr

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2009, 02:49:45 PM
There are some great options there.  Killing him is the easy way and also the most boring.  The next time you play it try to kill the demon controlling him in the shade.  I didnt use the blood mage method - I went to get the help from the circle which led me on another great series of plot lines.

If you do it this way Alister will think highly of you.

As a SPOILER on this:
[If you do the bloodmage option and then make a deal with the demon in the Fade, you will be able to unlock the Blood Mage spec for all your future playthroughs. You can even just save beforehand, unlock it, and then reload.]

Caliga

Quote from: Solmyr on November 09, 2009, 04:04:46 PM
Also, I noticed that Arl Howe is voiced by Tim Curry. :wub:
I realized about a third of the way through the dialogue with her that the Witch of the Wilds was voiced by Kate Mulgrew.  Once I realized that I could only think of the character as Captain Janeway.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Whats the best strategy when comes the 2nd test of Andraste atop the mountain?  i can't kill my party's avatars one at a time from a distance since they appear only after we enter the room.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Here is Lorcan Cousland, great and fearsome leader of men:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2009, 05:34:39 PM
Here is Lorcan Cousland, great and fearsome leader of men:

Does anybody in the game ever comment on how you're covered in blood always?

katmai

Not that i recall :lol:

oh and my city elf warrior
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

I changed no options, and I'm never covered in blood. Do you have to turn that on or what?

Also: The golem is awesome. Like TK-47.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DisturbedPervert

So, I have Shale now.  Wonderful character, hilarious, and I think I'll keep it as one of my four to see what it says.

But....I was not happy that the girl died because I couldn't do the sliding puzzle. I wanted to kill Kitty and keep the girl alive.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2009, 02:50:41 PM

I thought it was great.

Did you get all the forms to do it properly?

Edit:  not to mention it is a huge stat bump fest.

I thought it was a great idea. But after obtaining two forms (mouse & spirit) it turns out to be mostly filler where you run the maze, trying to find the next key, err, form to unlock the next part.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I guess Syt is trying to fill the void after Vinnie...

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2009, 02:58:27 AM
I guess Syt is trying to fill the void after Vinnie...

:huh:

Just because I don't enjoy one part in an otherwise very fun game?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.