Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

I've gotten help from the circle, and I've done the blood mage option.  Both are quite satisfying.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DisturbedPervert

Yeah, that involved... making a blood sacrifice of the mother (which she volunteers for) so that Morrigan could enter the fade and destroy the demon possessing the kid.  Saves the kid, but still made Alistair mad, but only -9

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 09, 2009, 07:31:30 AM
It feels like this game has too much level scaling.  I can take out a dragon, then on the walk home I get the utter shit kicked out of me by a pack of wolves.

I had a random encounter, and was overjoyed to see it was just regular wolves and not some kind of darkspawn monster.  But the wolves utterly destroyed my level 10 party in one minute.

Bioware always struggles with combat balance.  Obsidian/Black Isle has always been better at that...Bioware is just better at most everything else.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

I've found the random encounters while travelling to be way too difficult.  To the point I reload at the start and try again until I get something easy.

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 09, 2009, 12:09:31 PM
I've found the random encounters while travelling to be way too difficult.  To the point I reload at the start and try again until I get something easy.

You are not kidding.  The way they position the archers/mages and so forth is downright diabolical.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 08, 2009, 10:32:26 AM
I'm finding it impossible to get anyone in this game to like me.  No matter what I do someone gets pissed off.  Even Alistair is barely above 0 and I listen to his whining all day without complaint, gave him some presents, and took care of a problem for him.

The only one who likes me is my dog Cuddles.
I fucked the Witch, I'm trying as hard as I can with the sister but it doesn't seem to work.  The Elf wanted to fuck me (beurk), Alistair adores me, looks at me as role model.  Sten neither likes nor hate me, no matter what I do.  The old mage kind likes me too.  Well, everyone likes me, I think.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2009, 06:23:16 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2009, 06:35:56 AM
God, I hate the annoying mage bitch. I replaced her on the party first chance I got.

Though it should be fun to play an "evil" character with her in the party.

Should have kept her a bit longer, its fun to hear the banter between her and the ex templar.
- So are you gonna suck the life out of him?
- If I feel the need to suck anything from you, you'll be the first to know.

:D
Hey, I like that character :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on November 08, 2009, 09:38:36 AM
Any pointer to the fight with the ogre (I thought he was an archdemon at first!) atop Ishual Tower?
Hack&slash 'til it dies.  Filthy beast.

[SPOILER]
Now, for the future ogres you'll meet:In the Circle's tower, in the dream 'thing, use your morph ability to become a stone golem and kill the darn thing.  If you have the Stone Golem DLC, use this character to attack future ogres.[/]

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on November 09, 2009, 12:30:34 PM
- So are you gonna suck the life out of him?
- If I feel the need to suck anything from you, you'll be the first to know.

:D
Hey, I like that character :D

Leliana and Alistair also have some fun lines when he asks her for advice on how to court a woman he's interested in.

One starts, "So, you're female, right?" :XD:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

I'm wondering how distraught Grallon will be when he finds out that Alistair won't fall for his male character.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on November 09, 2009, 10:38:57 AM
For those of you who've gone through Redcliff(spell?)  did you or did you not kill Connor?  I did - thx to the simple but effective script, and the great acting I actually felt torn! - and had a major row with Alistair afterwards.  Since my character is slowly falling for him I've been showering the young templar with gifts, so I could finally be able court him openly; but a -27 in relation was crushing. :weep:

And I *love* the rogue double-bladed fighting style!

G.

got help from the magi.  Big +relations with Allistair.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2009, 12:26:03 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 09, 2009, 12:09:31 PM

You are not kidding.  The way they position the archers/mages and so forth is downright diabolical.
just wait 'til you are in Denerim.  Awful.

Syt

Dear hod, that Fade maze bit is both tedious and boring. I guess I will need till the end of the week to get through that bit due to lack of enthusiasm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on November 09, 2009, 10:38:57 AM
For those of you who've gone through Redcliff(spell?)  did you or did you not kill Connor?  I did - thx to the simple but effective script, and the great acting I actually felt torn! - and had a major row with Alistair afterwards.  Since my character is slowly falling for him I've been showering the young templar with gifts, so I could finally be able court him openly; but a -27 in relation was crushing. :weep:

And I *love* the rogue double-bladed fighting style!

G.

There are some great options there.  Killing him is the easy way and also the most boring.  The next time you play it try to kill the demon controlling him in the shade.  I didnt use the blood mage method - I went to get the help from the circle which led me on another great series of plot lines.

If you do it this way Alister will think highly of you.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 09, 2009, 02:45:12 PM
Dear hod, that Fade maze bit is both tedious and boring. I guess I will need till the end of the week to get through that bit due to lack of enthusiasm.

I thought it was great.

Did you get all the forms to do it properly?

Edit:  not to mention it is a huge stat bump fest.