Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on November 09, 2009, 12:23:07 AM
My only complaint about the xbox version is the limited (6?) skill slots. I cant believe they couldnt come up with a better system than that. :P

Yeah, although at least the game pauses when you access the radial menu, so it is not that all bad (I moved all the sustained abilities and healing potions there for example and keep the skill slots for active, mid-combat skills). Still, yeah it is a pain especially if you go for a mage (a warrior, especially one like a dual wielding one, where 4 of your skills are passive, is much easier to play).

Btw, could someone explain to me the concept of tactical stances? How does it work exactly?

Monoriu

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on November 09, 2009, 03:11:41 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 09, 2009, 03:01:02 AM

Btw, could someone explain to me the concept of tactical stances? How does it work exactly?

http://dragonage.gulbsoft.org/doku.php/ai/tactics

Oh, so they are for the characters you are not controlling? Nvm then - I just let them do their thing and only control my PC. :P

Martinus

Also, grallon, why would I make a character I'd want to have sex with, if I have Alistair? :P

He looks a lot like one of my fuck buddies too. Hott.  :blush:

Grey Fox

I still haven't figured out how to use the tactics effectively.

I made a shield + sword tank so I'm trying to transform Alistair into a 2handed beast of mayhem.

@ Grallon, no Screenshot but he looks like a dwarf.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

It feels like this game has too much level scaling.  I can take out a dragon, then on the walk home I get the utter shit kicked out of me by a pack of wolves.

I had a random encounter, and was overjoyed to see it was just regular wolves and not some kind of darkspawn monster.  But the wolves utterly destroyed my level 10 party in one minute.

Scipio

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 09, 2009, 07:31:30 AM
It feels like this game has too much level scaling.  I can take out a dragon, then on the walk home I get the utter shit kicked out of me by a pack of wolves.

I had a random encounter, and was overjoyed to see it was just regular wolves and not some kind of darkspawn monster.  But the wolves utterly destroyed my level 10 party in one minute.
Yeah, it does smack of the ridiculous.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Legbiter

Hey I just picked up the Golem as a party member....and it's Grallon incarnate.  :huh: ;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

You guys turning this into a gay masturbation thread, whereas in fact this game has stuff like cutscenes with you talking to a hot redhead girl covered in blood.

Grey Fox

Exactly.

Any of you guys on Bioware's social network thingy website?

My game keeps taking Screenshot, hopefully they'll be uploaded at some point.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Btw, funny feature: you can let your dog clean your blood stained armor.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

For those of you who've gone through Redcliff(spell?)  did you or did you not kill Connor?  I did - thx to the simple but effective script, and the great acting I actually felt torn! - and had a major row with Alistair afterwards.  Since my character is slowly falling for him I've been showering the young templar with gifts, so I could finally be able court him openly; but a -27 in relation was crushing. :weep:

And I *love* the rogue double-bladed fighting style!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

Quote from: Grallon on November 09, 2009, 10:38:57 AM
For those of you who've gone through Redcliff(spell?)  did you or did you not kill Connor?  I did - thx to the simple but effective script, and the great acting I actually felt torn! - and had a major row with Alistair afterwards.

I left him, and instead went to fetch help from the Circle of Magi ... which I yet have to finish. ;)

But yeah, it was a bit difficult. It's those ambiguities where Bioware's games shine most - when there's no obvious "right" or "wrong".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DisturbedPervert

Those weren't the only two options.  I didn't do either of those.  :cool:

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 09, 2009, 11:44:10 AM
Those weren't the only two options.  I didn't do either of those.  :cool:

There was also the bloodmage option, righht?
—Stephen Jay Gould