Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

I'm an elf mage now, specializing in Spirit magic.

I have already been called godless by the damn bitch priestess at the war camp, after I asked her how she feels about oppression and subjugation of elves done in her god's name.  :cool:

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2009, 06:33:34 AM
Some of those fights in Redcliffe are pretty damn tough. I play on easy (as usually in such games - I'm more interested in progressing the story than in repeating a fight ten times), but some of the fights are still tough nailbiters.

I'm especially annoyed that Sten keeps getting knocked out. He has the best armor, and I set him to a somewhat defensive stance, and even though I use my PC and Alistair to get some mobs off of Sten he still manages to burn through health potions and get killed in a disturbing fashion.

I play on hard most of the time and Redcliffe was hell.  I had to switch to easy at one point.

I think maybe you need the witch, she's saved my butt many times. 

Martinus

I'm playing on the lowest difficulty level, because I don't like strategy, just casting flashy spells. :P

Grallon

Is it me or are the tactics a bitch?  So far I haven't used any.  I just hack and slash.  I've just completed my testing to enter the Grey Warden. 

I'm trying to bed Allistair.  when i met him i told him i was looking to adventure with him and he responded: well that's a switch! :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

The online account stuff is totally fucked up. I finally managed to create an account but I can't stay logged in. What's the deal?

The Brain

OK I got it to work I think. Thanks for being sucktastic, website.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 08, 2009, 07:45:47 AM
The online account stuff is totally fucked up. I finally managed to create an account but I can't stay logged in. What's the deal?

For me it doesn't show downloadable content, though I guess it should.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I can't decide what character to play. I can't even decide on male or female.  :(

Grallon

Any pointer to the fight with the ogre (I thought he was an archdemon at first!) atop Ishual Tower?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Solmyr

Grallon

I managed to kill him.

And here's my adorably cute young rogue, Raistlin Cuesland.  :wub:

G.
-----

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2009, 06:33:34 AM
Some of those fights in Redcliffe are pretty damn tough. I play on easy (as usually in such games - I'm more interested in progressing the story than in repeating a fight ten times), but some of the fights are still tough nailbiters.

I wont post a spoiler but there are tactics you can use to make those fights pretty easy.  When the game hints say you need to vary your tactics depending on situations they really mean it.

One small hint.  Pay attention to your physical surroundings - in really tough battles there is often more you can do then just use the skills of your party members.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on November 08, 2009, 09:38:36 AM
Any pointer to the fight with the ogre (I thought he was an archdemon at first!) atop Ishual Tower?

G.

You need to keep your ranged away from him.  Send in your tank and keep him healed and keep aggro on him.  Its a basic MMO battle.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2009, 07:50:14 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 08, 2009, 07:45:47 AM

For me it doesn't show downloadable content, though I guess it should.

You need to be logged on in the game I think.