Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2009, 06:35:56 AM
God, I hate the annoying mage bitch. I replaced her on the party first chance I got.

Though it should be fun to play an "evil" character with her in the party.

Should have kept her a bit longer, its fun to hear the banter between her and the ex templar.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2009, 06:23:16 PM
God, I hate the annoying mage bitch. I replaced her on the party first chance I got.

Should have kept her a bit longer, its fun to hear the banter between her and the ex templar.

Yeah, her and Alistair are really amusing 

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2009, 05:53:15 PM
my only complaint is my warrior is lvl 11 and hasn't taken a specialty because I've only found the templar training which vendor is selling for 15gold.

Ugh.  My rogue just reached level 7 and I was looking forward to becoming an assassin.  Didn't realize until it was greyed out at lvl up you had to find it somewhere.

Jaron

The blood does get a bit silly.

I'm currently playing a human mage, mostly to get away from the blood stains. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 07, 2009, 05:47:54 PM
I bought it, surprisingly I found a PC copy at Walmart.

I made a commoner dwarf. The game needs an autorun key.
I got a copy at Walmart today myself, where it was 3 cents cheaper than at EB Games.  :cool:

Started with a Human Mage.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Hey if you pre-ordered off Steam does it automatically download the DLC stuff for you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2009, 09:00:15 PM
Hey if you pre-ordered off Steam does it automatically download the DLC stuff for you?

Nah you have to dl'd it in game.
It will ask for your codes to redeem, which steam should have sent in email or be somewhere in receipt for purchase
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DisturbedPervert

Looking at it now, those three dlc items you get in the CE seem ridiculously powerful.  The item it gave me was some belt with +5% resist to all elements.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: ulmont on November 07, 2009, 09:57:43 PM
Re: blood stains and DLC: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/11/9/

:lol:

I was pretty annoyed when I got to that guy and waded through his very long conversation tree just to find out the whole thing was an advertisement for paid dlc.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 07, 2009, 06:23:16 PM

Yes, but I doubt I could keep her happy for long, being already at -25 or so with her (and I don't have many gifts yet). Though I figure Sten will be a bit similar. But I like his Frankenstein's monster look and taking things literally.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 07, 2009, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: ulmont on November 07, 2009, 09:57:43 PM
Re: blood stains and DLC: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/11/9/

:lol:

I was pretty annoyed when I got to that guy and waded through his very long conversation tree just to find out the whole thing was an advertisement for paid dlc.

The comic does have a point, though. Plenty people will complain, but a lot of those people will buy it, anyways.

Re: blood. I turned the permanent effects off, because
- all characters have the same blood splatter overlay which looks a bit lame to see them all with the same spots in the face during conversations
- it would be much cooler if it would start with a few splatters and become more and more
- I'd prefer it fades with time instead of staying on all the time until you change clothes
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Some of those fights in Redcliffe are pretty damn tough. I play on easy (as usually in such games - I'm more interested in progressing the story than in repeating a fight ten times), but some of the fights are still tough nailbiters.

I'm especially annoyed that Sten keeps getting knocked out. He has the best armor, and I set him to a somewhat defensive stance, and even though I use my PC and Alistair to get some mobs off of Sten he still manages to burn through health potions and get killed in a disturbing fashion.
—Stephen Jay Gould

syk

So a 26 pages thread means I should buy it if I enjoyed Baldur's Gate?