Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea

Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2009, 06:54:51 PM
Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 05:25:01 PM
And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.

:huh: I'm practically floating in the things.  Don't you have a crafter in the party?

When you mention party do you mean party full of NPCs?
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Martinus on November 06, 2009, 02:34:58 AM
Quote from: Korea on November 05, 2009, 05:16:00 PM
Do you guys think this would play terribly on a console?

I will be getting it for Xbox, preferably tonight, since I don't own a Windows gaming computer, so I will let you know. :)

Great, :)
I want my mother fucking points!

Syt

"Killing rats? It's like start of every bad adventure tale my aunt used to tell me!"  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Korea on November 06, 2009, 03:17:45 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 05, 2009, 06:54:51 PM
Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 05:25:01 PM
And the scarcity of potions is RIDICULOUS.

:huh: I'm practically floating in the things.  Don't you have a crafter in the party?

When you mention party do you mean party full of NPCs?

He does, it's a single player game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maximus

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 11:53:18 PM
I don't think there is a first-person view.  You can zoom and change the viewing angle so that you sorta follow the party.  But you still see their shoulders.

Meh, not an absolute deal-breaker, but I really hate that. How hard is it to put in a first person view?

DisturbedPervert

I just picked up Dragon Age.  Think I'm gonna start off with a Gutter Dwarf Rogue.

Syt

Playing a human female warrior noble (yes, redhead). Struggling with the cam controls. Zoomed in looks pretty but sucks in a fight. Zoomed out is useful in combat, but doesn't look pretty.

Also, I'm disappointed that the main character's lines aren't read out loud and that they took a step back from the dialogue system in Mass Effect.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2009, 01:34:10 AM
Local EB Games (the only place to buy games besides 3 year old titles at Walmart) was sold out.  Maybe tomorrow.
Dude, welcome to the 21st century!
Steam, EA Download Manager, Direct2Drive, GamersGate, etc, etc, etc.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 06, 2009, 09:36:01 AM
Also, I'm disappointed that the main character's lines aren't read out loud and that they took a step back from the dialogue system in Mass Effect.

Simply not practical unless you limit the PC to two voices like in Mass Effect.  I think the dialog system in Mass Effect was pretty lame in the sense you knew what you were going to say based on where it was on the dialog wheel not what it actually said.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2009, 09:46:46 AM
My brother insists on having physical copies of everything he buys, so maybe Beeb is the same.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Btw, anyone else has problems with the zooming function not working on the mouse?  It works fine with page up/pgdwn but not the mouse wheel.

Also when you push the mouse to the edge of the screen, does the camera angle changes as if you were pressing 'a' or 'd' ?  'Cause here, it doesn't :(  I kinda like that in KOTOR.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2009, 09:54:22 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2009, 09:46:46 AM
My brother insists on having physical copies of everything he buys, so maybe Beeb is the same.
there are 'old' people of any ages ;)

Caliga

Quote from: viper37 on November 06, 2009, 09:55:39 AM
there are 'old' people of any ages ;)
Well my brother does act like a grumpy old man, in fact.  He always refused to try drugs, and also will not drink alcohol.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

It seems Futureshop is sold out. I refuse to go at EBgames.

Can't use digital providers :s
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Got mine from Amazon, should be delivered today.

If this game sucks, there are a lot of people here who will be dead to me.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!