Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I liked BG for sure, but I think my favorite medieval/fantasy era RPG remained Betrayal at Krondor, story wise.
And I dare say it's a good one we got there.
I kinda like the plot, so far.
and the action.
and it's fucking tough at times.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DisturbedPervert

How much hard drive space did the game end up taking? 

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 05, 2009, 02:15:46 PM

A little over 7 gigs IIRC.  I downloaded mine digitally so that would be the whole thing.

I will double check when I get home.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Lndhand on November 05, 2009, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 10:11:58 AM
Quote from: Lndhand on November 05, 2009, 09:56:37 AM
So is the consensus that this game is worth buying?   I'm bored as hell with WOW and need a new non-mmorg distraction.   :D

Well it depends.  If you liked the other Bioware games like Kotor and BG you will love it.  If you did not like those games I would probably recomend you give it a pass as it is based around the same sort of ideas.

Never played a Bioware game.    :lol:  I still may give it a try.

Neither have I. :unsure:

But like lnd I am bored with WoW, and I can't get to my XBox very often, so I may just pick this up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 02:24:59 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 05, 2009, 02:15:46 PM

A little over 7 gigs IIRC.  I downloaded mine digitally so that would be the whole thing.

I will double check when I get home.

you smoking crack, 7gigs was the compressed, it is about 16gigs one installed DP.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 02:31:06 PM

But like lnd I am bored with WoW, and I can't get to my XBox very often, so I may just pick this up.
I think you'd like it.

DisturbedPervert

Ok thanks.  Will be able to fit this without too much pain.

Grey Fox

Curse you  Bioware, making me want to play an Elf.

:bleeding:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2009, 02:36:10 PM
you smoking crack, 7gigs was the compressed, it is about 16gigs one installed DP.

Ok that is where I got the 7 gigs from.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 02:31:06 PM

All you guys who have never played a Bioware game pick it up.  If RPGs are the games for you you will love it.

Barrister

One question.  There is a 9 year old wandering around Ice Station Barrister these days, and he often looks over my shoulder when I play WoW.  I couldn't help but notice the M for Mature rating for Dragon Age.  Is that only for the excessive blood, or is it mature to the point I couldn't even play the game when he's around?

katmai

Well from what i've seen a few scantily clad computer generated women around occasionally.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2009, 03:04:12 PM
Well from what i've seen a few scantily clad computer generated women around occasionally.

Yeah but you sorta have to provoke those incidents.  The vast majority of the game looks like any other video game.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 03:09:18 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 05, 2009, 03:04:12 PM

Yeah but you sorta have to provoke those incidents. 

Tell me more... :perv: