Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2009, 08:53:03 PM
I have played both a human mage and high caste dwarven warrior.  I like it!

Did anyone notice the blood. :D

Still on my Dalish Rogue killing children of kings and having fun :w00t:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Korea

Quote from: Kleves on October 16, 2009, 04:02:06 PM
Here's a 20min~ gameplay video: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dragon-age-origins/17-1477/

I just watched the first tiny bit of the video and I have a question for those of you that play it..

Does it play exactly like WoW? The interface is very similar.
I want my mother fucking points!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Korea on November 04, 2009, 11:04:42 PM
Quote from: Kleves on October 16, 2009, 04:02:06 PM
Here's a 20min~ gameplay video: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dragon-age-origins/17-1477/

I just watched the first tiny bit of the video and I have a question for those of you that play it..

Does it play exactly like WoW? The interface is very similar.

It can be played as WoW but you will die quickly. Actually, it is a very interesting blend of wow-ish WASD controls and point-and-click overhead RPGish controls. Will have to see how it actually works on the long run

Monoriu

Played it for sometime.  I like it very much so far.  I like The Elder Scrolls style and scenaries even more, but Dragon Age works for me.  A couple of small problems -

Too much emphasis on combat
Graphics don't seem cutting edge
Too much blood
I hate how they constantly try to sell stuff to me.  And I hate myself even more for even thinking about buying.  Must.  Resist.

Grey Fox

Monoriu

Lndhand

So is the consensus that this game is worth buying?   I'm bored as hell with WOW and need a new non-mmorg distraction.   :D
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Valmy

Quote from: Lndhand on November 05, 2009, 09:56:37 AM
So is the consensus that this game is worth buying?   I'm bored as hell with WOW and need a new non-mmorg distraction.   :D

Well it depends.  If you liked the other Bioware games like Kotor and BG you will love it.  If you did not like those games I would probably recomend you give it a pass as it is based around the same sort of ideas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2009, 09:46:27 AM
ingame currency? BUY BUY BUY!

I  think he is talking about the $7 DLC thing Warden's Keep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 10:11:58 AM
So is the consensus that this game is worth buying?   I'm bored as hell with WOW and need a new non-mmorg distraction.   :D

Well it depends.  If you liked the other Bioware games like Kotor and BG you will love it.  If you did not like those games I would probably recomend you give it a pass as it is based around the same sort of ideas.

What if You liked Kotor but not BG& I liked NWN tho?

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2009, 10:19:25 AM
What if You liked Kotor but not BG& I liked NWN tho?

Then you should die horribly for shitty taste.

But I would say in gameplay style it is more similar to KOTOR than BG.

Lettow77

There are people out there who dont like BG?

Anyhow, I cant afford this game, and it's more within the missus's sphere anyhow. I'll wait and see what she thinks of it.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

Stores in Vienna currently only seem to have the XBox version.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lndhand

Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2009, 10:11:58 AM

Never played a Bioware game.    :lol:  I still may give it a try.
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.